• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

HK models B-17G Idaliza

chrispisme

Here are some images of the WIP of the B-17G I posted in "my best build"
h44b11db.JPG

hd5c552c.JPG

h20c6bd6.JPG

h60001b7.JPG

h71e98d8.JPG

h5f33a39.JPG

hbd8f586.JPG

h7f23934.JPG

ha672ff2.JPG

h805afaf.JPG

h9c82216.JPG

pictures 1 through 7 are the flight deck and some detail parts I added, also some images of the home-made masks and weathering etc.
h6afb5e9.JPG

hb9652f9.JPG

h62c0912.JPG

h55e724d.JPG

h0c53bdc.JPG

h1971712.JPG

h2397d25.JPG

h230a280.JPG

h7be6948.JPG

h7f9d5a6.JPG

hdd99261.JPG

h1a28828.JPG

Love it! I know I can never build this, I'd never get out of the cockpit.

And kudos to you for getting the air by pass vents right trailing the engines. Too many times people depict something coming out of those vents. You nailed it! :notworthy

Fabulous build . You are a brave soul for even attempting this .I could never find a place to park it here.

Cheers, Christian B)

thanks for the kind words guys!
I have since building this one bought another G and an E/F. Oddly the 1/32 B-17 is nearly the same dimensions as my 1/48 CC-130 Super Hercules.
The B-17 can be built with adaptors in the bomb bay to receive a wall hanger (kind of like those Franklin mint plates)but I, not reading ahead far enough in the instructions, installed the wrong parts in the bomb bay, so my B-17 is shelf bound
Again, thanks for looking!

Thanks!
The metal finish is Alclad lacquer duralumin, bright aluminum, dark aluminum, chrome and then blends of each colour mixed together to vary the shine/ tone. It's great stuff to work with but nasty smelling. I used 3 full bottles of it on the model. (lots of bare metal there)

Thanks!
The metal finish is Alclad lacquer duralumin, bright aluminum, dark aluminum, chrome and then blends of each colour mixed together to vary the shine/ tone. It's great stuff to work with but nasty smelling. I used 3 full bottles of it on the model. (lots of bare metal there)

WOW!

I have a love hate relationship with Alclad. Been able to pull off some NMFs with it, some not so much. :idonno

Apart from the incredible quality of the work on the interior, the thing that strikes me is the choice of 'scheme'. One of the plainest B-17's you could choose, which means your NMF had to be pretty d*mn close to perfect... THAT is so brave.

That is simply incredible. Kudos, sir.

Ian.

Hi moon pup, I usually don’t use Alclad for the finish coat, I use it for a base then weather my trusty and preferred Tamiya acrylics to have the Alclad show through as the bare metal. But I have had a couple of instances during those times where the paint has given me trouble as well.
Ian, I wanted a pinup girl on the nose but one with some clothes on.... my choice was kind of made that way
Thanks for the kind words and looking in at it!

Back