• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sea Knight * * F I N I S H E D * *

ij001

Yep time for a new aircraft project:

hc108640.jpg

h6065905.jpg

Pretty much out-of-the-box, only addition will be the Eduard 'Zoom Set' to dress-up the flight deck and the cabin, even using the kit decals.

Stay tuned, first progress pics should be up tomorrow,

Ian.

Sea Knight * * On Finals * *

Cabin started:

MQPiMPY.jpg

BefY3rb.jpg

EBcwpcJ.jpg

ZupZCBT.jpg

Next I'll add the forty-odd decals to the cabin sides, paint & weather the 'deck' and start building-up the casualty litters. If you look closely at the last two photos you'l see the myriad of holes to open in the fuselage sides dependent upon which version of the basic H-46 you're building.

More over the weekend, hopefully.

Ian.

Sea Knight

Very nice. I've got the CH-46A/D and KV-107 kits in the stash to build as our CH113 Labrador/Voyager versions.

Cheers,
Rich

Sea Knight

Cheers Frank (et al)

Progress slowed to a dribble just now because the 'little darlings' are on winter break (working mostly from home means I get to look after them - Yaaayyyy :( ). Rotor hubs are assembled, rear dog-house assembled, fifty-something stencils all applied to the interior.

More progress as and when. Stick with me please folks, you'll like what I have-in-mind for the final reveal. :good:

Ian.

Sea Knight

Slow progress because it's 'winter break' here and I have 'Daddies Little Stormtroopers' at home last week and next... No matter still managed to grab some time in 'The Cave':

kPgRP7t.jpg

5kGQdG3.jpg

H4KPRVa.jpg

1mNBYIK.jpg

vKS54BO.jpg

So as you can see, the fifty-odd stencils have been applied to the cabin walls and I've finished all the detail painting and weathering - not that you'll be able to see too much. The casualty litters are all glued in to place and the cabin floor is now the correct matt gun-metal shade. I'm going to add some dust effects here too, thicker near the rear ramp and right side door then thinning out - again you won't really see the result but I know it's there !!

Thanks for taking the time to look and / or comment, more as soon as I can.

AFN

Ian.

Sea Knight

Incredible work Ian! That looks exceptionally realistic. Reminds me of the time I got to walk through one on the deck of the Midway when I visited. Way to go man!

Sea Knight

Nifty-Keenie-WOW! (y)
That being said, I expected nothing less for one of your project, Ian!
"Daddie's little Stormtroopers" :rotf :rotf :rotf

Sea Knight

First and last time y'all will see the IP, hopefully closing-up the fuselage halves tomorrow if I can squeeze some time in the Cave:

eQQ4PAS.jpg

xlHxl84.jpg

43c9kDk.jpg

Thanks for all the interest so far, really appreciate it as always.

Ian.

Back