• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A few good russians - in 1/72

Flyingbabydoc

Hello friends,

Unfortunately I haven't been able to Access the Forum as much as I wanted to. Therefore, I will post here a few pics of some models I have completed in the last few weeks.

I am really excited to see that These models have achieved a Quality that I never expected before. Still a Long way to go but I am very pleased. Some of the bugs of the past have been solved or at least I now understand where I went wrong.

The first one is a nice Tamiya Ilyushin IL-2 Sturmovik. I used a lot of PE including flaps, interior and exterior Details. Also a nice resin set of exhausts and wheels.

I have tried to tone down the weathering a lot. And for the first time I was able to get that Sturmovik Brown Color somewhat right!

Depicted is a Il-2M3 from the 566. ShAP in the Leningrad front in 1944.

I hope you like it. I will post the other two planes tomorrow.

Cheers and thanks for watching

Alex

he15b5d9.JPG

h23f5c84.JPG

h0704839.JPG

h0d246d3.JPG

hc199af2.JPG

h7ca79d0.JPG

h7181945.JPG

hf1bedef.JPG

hbe74803.JPG

h135454f.JPG

hc694a37.JPG

h007ebfb.JPG

I like it Alex (y) What paints did you use ?

Your post just cause me to pull up the VVS color site :blink Spent an hour before I realized it had vanished :frantic

After years of reading up on the colors, it is as murky as ever and the ceaseless arguments rage on :smack

I like what you did. :drinks

Cheers, Christian B)

Belo retorno!... gostei muito de seu trabalho, Alex :good:

Luiz.

P.S.: Comentário em português para manter a chama acesa :frantic ... e aí meu camarada empolgado coma nossa seleção na copa da Rússia?... temos que esquecer aqueles 7X1... :D

Grande abraço!

Thank you my dear and faithful friends. I appreciate it. It has been fun trying These new things on.

Here is another one. Did not turn out as good as the Sturmovik but still I like the colours (right hue) and the weathering

Lavochkin La-5FN "Yellow 1" (5. GvIAP, 11. GvIAD) flown by Mar. Popokov

Revell 1/72 OOB with Vallejo and Decals from Printscale.

Cheers

Alex

P.S: Luis: Tens razao meu amigo. Precisamos lavar a alma. Eu gostaria de uma final com a Alemanha e 8x0 para nos. So assim eu pararia de ouvir as gozacoes por aqui (ja duram 4 anos).
Uma otima copa para nos. Grande abraco!

he5ba136.JPG

hcc11fa2.JPG

h684e22f.JPG

h7965a1e.JPG

h0fcc19c.JPG

haf46148.JPG

And here another one. I really like this one, it is a favorite model of mine, one of the first I built as a kid in Brazil (at that time there was only Revell produced by license through A. Kikoler - Luiz will remember!).

This is a Polikarpov I-16 "silver 11" of the 72° IAP in the beginning of the war, flown by the Hero of the Soviet Union N. Safonov.

Hasegawa 1/72 with Decals from Printscale and Vallejo acrylics, Ammo of Mig weathering.

Cheers and good Weekend everyone!

Alex

hbf18283.JPG

hde785b3.JPG

he295481.JPG

h178c5ec.JPG

hd62061a.JPG

h6ddeffe.JPG

h75641e9.JPG

Nice job. If I could suggest.

For the canopy frames, get some decal paper, paint it the color of the frame and cut to size. I've done it on several builds in the past.

Nice job Alex, I really like the look of the IL-2 and I think the chipping on the I-16 came out really well.

(y)

Thanks Bob and Mark

I guess some issues remain a bit difficult while some others get a bit better. Thanks for your tips, I will get them in practice soon.

Another Polikarpov I-16, this time the "White 2" from the 282.IAD in the South-Western front in the winter 1941/1942.

Hasegawa 1/72 OOB, Vallejo and AK acrylics. Weathering Ammo of Mig

Cheers

Alex

h992c4a1.JPG

hf6c54e3.JPG

h5a25a26.JPG

hc34f72e.JPG

he063bc7.JPG

h405f6f8.JPG

h8f86425.JPG

h247dc66.JPG

h8834749.JPG

Looking good Alex! All of them look great. The stormovick and the winter camo I-16 are particularly well done.

Thanks again everyone...

I haven't been so often on the bench as I wanted but I got a sweet Sturmovik going. Check it out.

Academy 1/72 with PE and Flaps Eduard.

Cheers

Alex

ha0d4c26.JPG

hd98b458.JPG

hdd40aa4.JPG

hcb8b476.JPG

h07833e8.JPG

h1dba3f7.JPG

hcd2a55e.JPG

hac4780f.JPG

Thank you dear friends.

Getting there. Now let's see if I can pull off the winter overcoat - which should be really faint in some parts.

Cheers

Alex

h551b348.JPG

h5fa8517.JPG

h35c53b1.JPG

I guess I am done with the Sturmovik. I used this one to test the "Fading White" Color scheme. What do you think?

Enough of Russians now, time to Switch to English planes - and get a ribbon for the RAF campaign.

Cheers and have a nice Weekend everyone!

Alex

h0b22bb7.JPG

h5a30129.JPG

hd6bd3ef.JPG

h7aa16ba.JPG

haa5e0c2.JPG

Looking great Alex! Man, your are improving by leaps and bounds. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with British planes now.

Back