• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell 1/144 SST CONCORDE

dollar19

Ive just broken the seal on the box!

The sprues...

The clear parts such as they are, I really like the dimples in the side windows!

And the flash!! not too bad really. I've had a lot worse to clean up.

And last but not least the very nicely done Cartograf decals!

Thanks Bob.I got some more time at the bench today. I did a lot of little fiddly bits, the landing gear doors that are closed on the ground were glued in place. And the flaperon actuators fairing were glued on too.

While that was drying I started hand painting the main landing gear components.

Then I tackled the engine pods. Got the turbine faces painted and glued in and then just slopped some flat black in the after end so it wouldnt look like the hollow box that it is when viewed from the back.

That's about all I'll get to do today, the wife and i are going to see a film and taking our grandson to see THE AVENGERS.

Here's a pic of todays work. I got the tires touched up and installed on the struts and sprayed the wells with H94. I still have to mask the visor and install the droop nose, it will be in the up position. Then I think it will be of to the paint booth for some overall white.

Looking good! Everything seems to be coming together well. I'm looking for a 1/72 scale version of this plane to get. I actually want two: one to build as Air France, the other British Airways.

Keep plugging man, this is gonna look magnificent!

Thanks fellas! I didn’t think I have as much fun with this as I have! Of course that may change once I get to the decals. Which I hope to start soon.

Well Bob you're right about that. but it has to be. Getting time in hits and misses.
I do have the visor masked and attached to the nose

and the nose attached to to rest of the airframe.

and finally I shot a coat of gloss white on the whole bird.

Now to let that dry for a few days and we'll see about getting some decals placed.

Magnificent job on the paint! Man, I have never been able to get such a smooth even and clean coat on any of my aircraft! I bow to the master! :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Thank for all the kindness. Here I am with yet another build on hold till I can get out of overtime at work. I hope to get back to it this weekend now that the paint has had 2 weeks to cure. Speaking of the paint.....you’ll be disappointed when I tell you that it’s a rattlecan job. Rustoleum spray can white. All I did was warm it up and shake the living &$$;&(& out of the can and fired away!
I’ll get an update on it soon! Thanks again!!

Back