• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hasegawa 1/48 J7W1 Shinden

jeaton01

I needed to do something simple get back to building, the Monogram B-26 I am modifying into an early B-26 is not going fast as you might expect, and a lot of things have conspired to make long stretches at the bench not happen lately. This one is a nice fitting older kit that will be some company for my Collect-Aire XP-55. I just did a simple cockpit and let it go at that, and will close up the canopy to keep the lines clean. The panel was pretty well molded so some silver dry brushing followed by Future on the dial faces took care of that. Working on getting rid of seams now. Can't just read the forums, have to put something out there too, right?

002j7w1.jpg

003j7w1.jpg

004j7w1.jpg

Looks good to me (y) I ended up selling mine when the ZM 1/32 kit came out. In retrospect the Hasegawa kit would have been an easier build !

Very different idea for an aircraft . I have always though this one to be very interesting but it looks peculiar while on the ground .

Very cool John :D

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks, all!

This one is moving along well. There aren't any masks available that I could find so I made some of my own with a Silhouette Cameo vinyl cutter. I took lots of pictures and used them to get the patterns. Took a few tries to get everything scaled and sorted but I think it is going to work well. We'll see when they come off. I removed the guns as I can't see any in the pictures I have of the #1 airplane, the only one that flew. Nice kit. The dark green is going to need some help from details and such to make it more interesting.

005j7w1.jpg

006j7w1.jpg

006aj7w1.jpg

007j7w1.jpg

008j7w1.jpg

I'm surprised to see even a really cool IJN subject on your Bench!
SOGAI!
:ro:
Ain't no "Rock on" in Japanese, I know of. I'll ask my Nephew!

Dave, yes it is. I should have polished the struts better before applying it but it is certainly shiny.

Bob, you are welcome. That's what we do here, share, right? But no warranty!

Rhino, I have a number of completed Japanese models, I just haven't posted them here. 3 Zeros including the one I did with my granddaughter, and a Val, a Kate, and a Kikka. All 1/48 and Hasegawa except for the Kikka which is Fine Molds and one Zero which is the old Monogram chestnut, good for kid builds. I plan to build a Tamiya Betty soon. They are all on my web site: http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.htm

Here are two more progress photos of the Shinden.

009j7w1.jpg

010j7w1.jpg

I could go further but I think it is good enough to please my museum curator (self). At the end a photo with the Collect-Aire Curtiss XP-55 Ascender. The J7W1 was a much less involved build. Pitot tube replaced with hypo tube. Landing gear is very stork like, bump the table and the model wobbles. Getting the wings level was done by judicious bending of struts. A quick fun build, this was. 6 days from freezer to fork.
011j7w1.jpg

012j7w1.jpg

013j7w1.jpg

014j7w1.jpg

015j7w1.jpg

016j7w1.jpg

017j7w1.jpg

018j7w1.jpg

Looks great John (y) Every time I see one of these the first thing that comes to mind is the Sky Crawlers movie. At one time there was a you tube clip showing the first flight attempt that damaged the prop during rotation and prompting the addition of the wheelie wheels on the the tail fins.

Back