• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Mosquito * * F I N I S H E D * *

ij001

First met a 'gentleman modeller' called Wally Hicks the first time I attended the Armistice in Cambridge Show here in NZ in 2012. Conversation was easy, friendly and for me, educational. Long story short, Wally complimented me on my models and suggested that 'next year' we should both build & bring Mosquito's, just because and I agreed...

So here we are in 2018 and I still haven't, I've had one all that time, fiddled with it a bit then put it away, bought some extras, then put it away, fiddled a little more, then - well you get the idea. Now it's on the bench for real and it ain't leaving until it's done.

Missing from this (three-year-old) photo are the Ultracast resin wheels & exhausts, they were ordered a little while later.

he547f92.jpg

Pit looks OK with the Eduard Zoom set making up for my inability to paint IP's and side panels. Paints are mostly Humbrol & Tamiya enamels. Wash is Paynes Grey, Raw Umber oils and Tamiya dark brown enamel.

hcda35bd.jpg

h5896cfe.jpg

h5d05ea0.jpg

hd59e51d.jpg

h1af6c3d.jpg

h3535e3e.jpg

h4074561.jpg

Bomb Bay has no extras just built and painted as per the instructions. I've put the bomb cradles in, but won't be arming it. Similarly with the .303 gun bay, I considered installing the guns and showing it open but have decided against that now.

h85e1d63.jpg

As this is written the fuselage halves are joined and drying on the bench so expect another update early next week. Enjoy your weekend y'all.

Ian.

Mosquito

Nacelles & wings not yet glued on, but all wearing its' first coat of (enamel) Medium Sea Grey:

hf9cdcac.jpg

Ian.

Mosquito

:pilot

that's a unique way to do things. You sure you're going to have a good seam on the nacelle?

Mosquito

:pilot that's a unique way to do things. You sure you're going to have a good seam on the nacelle?

It is a risk, but lots of dry fitting plus Tamiya engineering and built this kit before... as certain as I can be that it'll be fine.

:frantic

Ian.

Mosquito

Three coats of Medium Sea Grey and the last dry-fit before spraying the Dark Green.

h686ac88.jpg

hca30027.jpg

h31b9dc1.jpg

Ian.

Mosquito

Two brushed coats of Klear / Future followed by a wash with Flory 'Dark Dirt'. Lightly misted some exhaust plumes and we're ready for decals.

h45c9df9.jpg

h4e1f41e.jpg

h23ad552.jpg

Stay tuned.

Ian.

Back