• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke's First Aircraft for 2018

Duke Maddog

Here are my first aircraft that I finished in 2018. First up is a Hobby Boss F-15 E Strike Eagle. I kept this one clean since no ordinance was included in this model. Time to get another one that I can loads up with bombs. Until then, here is this one:

USAF_F_15E_Strike_Eagle_LN_I.JPG

USAF_F_15E_Strike_Eagle_LN_II.JPG

USAF_F_15E_Strike_Eagle_LN_III.JPG

Next up is the F-102 Delta Dagger I built for the "Charlie Don't Surf" campaign. It feels good to have finished a campaign again:

USAF_F_102_Delta_Dagger_SEA_I.JPG

USAF_F_102_Delta_Dagger_SEA_II.JPG

USAF_F_102_Delta_Dagger_SEA_III.JPG

USAF_F_102_Delta_Dagger_SEA_IV.JPG

There they are, my first aircraft in 2018. Hopefully I'll be able to finish a lot more in the coming months. I also finished a couple tanks, so feel free to go check them out in the armor forums as well.

Meanwhile, thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.

Thanks for the great comments guys! I appreciate them very much!

Luiz, the grey is a gunship grey oversprayed with a neutral grey in an attempt to modulate the color. It didn't turn out the way I hoped it would.

Thanks again Old Dog, Sharkman and Razor!

The F-15 is a really clean looking build Mark (y) (y)

The Delta Dart makes me remember back to the one I built many years ago. Might have to look into obtaining one.

They both look great Mark! (y) (y)

Thanks Paul! I do hope you get an F-102 as well. I'd love to follow your build.

Thanks again for the great compliments!

They both look outstanding to me. I like the Delta Dart the best out of the two since it is of a Vietnam era aircraft. Go figure. :)

Great job!

Cheers,
James

Thanks James! I too have an affinity for Vietnam-era aircraft. Maybe that is because my father served there for two and a half years. It was certainly a big part of my life back then. Thanks again for the compliments.

Thanks Alex! I appreciate your compliments. As for weathering, I am not even sure how I would do that on these aircraft. No, these are done and on the shelf now. I have so many other projects I want to finish now.

Back