• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Wessex scheme ?

ij001

Afternoon all...

2016 I built an Italeri SAR AB-212 and really enjoyed it, mentioned then that I'd like to do a couple more SAR builds (especially since it was my 'day job' for nearly twenty years), I bought a Wessex HU.5 and then put it away until I could decide how I wanted to finish it. Still can't decide but definitely want to build it this year. Got the decals for all of these (yes I know the green one isn't a SAR bird) - so what do you folks think ?? (and why ?)

h6345982.jpg

haa6f646.jpg

h610caa0.jpg

h43899e1.jpg

h0c7ff70.jpg

h7d54f09.jpg

Ian.

The "Green Parrot" is attractive but it was an Admiral's Barge and had a VIP interior, if that is something that will bother you.

The RAF helo is an HC.2 I believe. They had smaller cabin windows, no external piping on the left side for an external tank and a slightly different antenna arrangement.

The orange and blue RN rescue scheme is eye catching.

Cheers,
Rich

They all look weird to me because of the "Grouper" nose! I like the bottom one best.

(Went to 67Q20 maintenance school on the CH-34)

I like the blue and red Navy bird as well. Still, you should do the one that your kit most closely represents.

Back