• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

DFS-230

Old Dog

Nothing like finishing up the year with a last minute completion. This is another one from my shelf of ignore. It has only been there a couple of years following the disappearance of IP. This showed up earlier this year so I decided to finish it up. Made famous by the early war attack on the fortress at Eben Emal and other actions although none quite as successful as the first. They were also used a lot on the eastern front to deliver supplies when the weather conditions turn the roads to quagmires. I decided early on when I found out what a PITA it was to assembly the seats to make mine a cargo hauler and fitted out the interior with some stowage.

230-b01.jpg

The kit had Special Hobby's usual issues, vague fitting parts, warped parts and the like but nothing terribly serious, I didn't do a lot of in progress photos. I was afraid I was going to be stuck doing another splinter camo job when I lucked into the photo below...

dfs-proto.jpg

Not only different but no upper wing crosses or Swastikas ? Photo was taken in 1943 near Kharkov obviously being used for cargo duty. Anyway here is my rendition...

230-b08.jpg

230-b09.jpg

230-b10.jpg

230-b11.jpg

230-b12.jpg

As you can see it has an impressive wing span in 1/48

230-b13.jpg

Well that's a wrap on 2017, thanks for looking !

(y) (y) (y)
Nice build!
Have a book about these and i just wait for someone to bring themout in 1/35! B)

Greetings
Mats

Very unusual subject matter . Have to hand it to Germany :good: . They had a very different thoughts on the use of gliders . (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks guys ! I didn't much weathering as there was nothing to create exhaust stains, no fluids to leak, no guns to leave powder stains and the one in the photo looked pretty clean. Not sure these lasted long enough in service to accumulate a lot of crud or to fade much.

Back