• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke's Final Aircraft for 2017

Duke Maddog

Here at the end of 2017, I managed to finish one final aircraft. It is very poorly done, but it is done. I built it out of the box...literally: only using what was in it. This is why the decals look so bad and the windows have dimples. Personally, I like this little bird, despite the issues.

Here is the ancient Airfix USAF Jetstream in 1/72 scale:

USAF_Jetstream_I.jpg

USAF_Jetstream_II.jpg

USAF_Jetstream_III.jpg

Someday I might get another one of these and do it up right with new windows and far better decals.

I know it is pretty crappy, but comments are still welcome. This was built as a practice for doing a white over bare metal finish on an aircraft.

Thanks for looking in, and once again; comments are welcome.

Mark,
There is nothing wrong with how you built the kit.
At least you built it.
I remember building kits out of the box, those were some of my best builds.
I still have some of them in the display cabinets.

Frank

Thanks Frank! This was good practice for the white over bare metal finish. I'm glad I did build it.

As for the way I build; it is always out of the box. I rarely if ever get aftermarket parts just to replace something in order to make it look better. Anytime I have bought aftermarket; it was because I needed to replace something lost or damaged.

Thanks again for the compliment.

Back