• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Kyofu What if - Finished!

sharkman

Master at Arms
Just had an idea and rolled with it....

h20455a0.jpg

h6e9533e.jpg

hf73ea6d.jpg

hb5fe065.jpg

Kyofu What if

Hard to tell which I like best between this one and the Pete......Both very interesting

Cheers, Christian B)

Kyofu What if

Sorry guys, had to make up a quick file.

Had some left over Cuban decals from a Czech Model Goose and thought, "Cuba should have had more floaters". I was looking for an easy build and something that looked sort of "Russian" at the same time. This kit seemed to fit both criteria so I threw it together for fun.

h3db80c5.jpg

I think I will paint it in aluminum

This gave me another idea for something in the future too.

Kyofu What if

Thanks guys!

Hard to tell which I like best between this one and the Pete......Both very interesting

Cheers, Christian B)

Had you ever seen the Aichi F1A1?? It was Aichi's entry in competition to the Pete!

Never noticed this one before :skipper but the Pete is just a cool bird :coolio

Cheers, Christian B)

Christian, this is the best image I could find of the Aichi F1A1. Looks a little similar to the Pete, I agree with you though, the Pete looks way cool!

h4b34531.jpg

Not much more on this, working on filling and sanding at the moment, but i did add a bit to the beaching trolley

haad8f88.jpg

Kyofu What if

Felt an urge to work on this one again!

added some detail to the main float to change the appearance a little (sorry for the blurry pic)

h68d1255.jpg

I punched some circles in furnace tape and then poked some rivet holes in them with a pint to make access hatches.

h16ef7bb.jpg

To paint the floats I cheated instead of masking, I just used a doubled up piece of paper towel, ripped part in half and wrapped it around the wings to protect it from overspray and then shot the black head on to the bottom of the float. Worked like a charm and much less work!

h2d402db.jpg

Masked the anti glare panel on the nose

h48234a1.jpg

Painted a water line on the main float as well.

h148405d.jpg

hb28426d.jpg

started to add the stickers!

he8e606e.jpg

h47b41e9.jpg

Bob, are you able to move this thread to my page?? :mpup

Kyofu What if

Will do!

Looks great! (y)

Hey, been reading a lot of stories about sharks lately, guess they are restless because you're not out there doing your shark rodeo! :rotf

Kyofu What if

Will do!

Looks great! (y)

Hey, been reading a lot of stories about sharks lately, guess they are restless because you're not out there doing your shark rodeo! :rotf

They've been in the news a fair bit! I plan to get out in a couple weeks! I was hoping to be at sea at this time to tag makos but I've had a tough time getting out with fishermen. I'll be doing tagging and tournaments for most of August and then i'll try and get out to sea again for September!

Back