• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

HPM BV 141

nsmekanik

Another one of my lingery builds.........one of those stick a piece on here and a month or so later stick another one on there things :snoopy . I remember when I first discovered it it was one of those I gotta have kits cuase I really liked the plane, when I finally got managed to pick one up and had a look in the box I kinda figured I should work on the skill level a bit (well ok it turned out to be more work then fun so it didn't get out much :tomato ) anyway, last go around I was playing around with the engine and really it didn't look all that good missing the oil ring on the front for one thing and the fan and the spinner.....so anyway as I was playing around with the JU 188 it occurred to me that maybe some of the BMW parts from the Dragon kits could be adapted to the this thing :D

IMG_0516.JPG

IMG_0517.JPG

IMG_0518.JPG

IMG_0519.JPG

IMG_0520.JPG

IMG_0521.JPG

All in all I think it turned out quit well :good:

Test fitting shows that the fit of this kit is actually quit good despite the rather not so good molding of many of the smaller parts.

:drinks

Thanks guys :D I've decided to do a fictional Eastern Front machine which is why the yellow on the cowling, if anyone has or knows of some spare GWH FW 189 codes and unit badges I would greatly appreciate getting my mitts on them :yipee

ARRRRGH ! :bat...Cut it out before you derail me again . I'm almost back on the tracks now :facepalm

Can't have that now can we :frantic
:evil: BWAAaaaaaHHaaaaaHHHHAAAAAaaaaahahah

Nope, already have too many things on the build list .

Other that the BV 138 , this bird is my # 2 bird after the BE-12 for the list of interesting birds.

I don't have the BE-12..... Anyone out there need a build review ? :laugh:

Cheers, Christian B)

Didn't Hobbyboss just do one of these or did I just dream that ??

Ian.

Edit:
Yep, here t'is...

h7371b1b.jpg

Thanks guys :D I've decided to do a fictional Eastern Front machine which is why the yellow on the cowling, if anyone has or knows of some spare GWH FW 189 codes and unit badges I would greatly appreciate getting my mitts on them :yipee

I thought I had extra codes for 5D + FH but I can't seem to find the letters. Will keep searching!

You can have your choice of the unit badges though, the bird with the sword behind or the tank with wings. PM me!

ARRRRGH ! :bat...Cut it out before you derail me again . I'm almost back on the tracks now :facepalm

Other that the BV 138 , this bird is my # 2 bird after the BE-12 for the list of interesting birds.

Cheers, Christian B)

I have a BE-12 :evil: :evil:

:rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

I have a BE-12 :evil: :evil:

:rotf

Ahhh, this could be an opportunity for a build review ...Eh ? :drool

Thanks Warren, PM sent,

SA Dave:
Come on Timmy us 1/72 builders gotta stick together and finish some stuff :D

I would love to help you out on that one...... but.....my.....oh look.... :drool another model kit I gotta have :frantic

Ian:
Didn't Hobbyboss just do one of these or did I just dream that ??

Ian.

Edit:
Yep, here t'is...

h7371b1b.jpg

Most likely a much easier one to build and definitely much better moulding.

James:

:popcorn :D
James

Back on the road agian :skipper so should have something to show in a week or two

:D :drinks

Hmmm interesting! I have one of those kits in my stash as well. Have not really take that good a look at it though I have always liked the Bv 141B design. It is just so funky!

You are right the Dragon engine pod does look better than the one in the kit.

I used the main cowling and propeller blades from the kit, and the spinner, fan and front cowling assembly from a Dragon JU 88, the Dragon pod is noticeably slightly larger then the kit part and didn't look right in that way so I just sanded down the Dragon part to match the kit,
cowling, which actually fit better then the kit pieces. None of the prop parts look like the pictures thereof and that combination looked the best so that's what I went with.

The kit is more of a loose representation, not sure how the Hobby Boss kit stacks up accuracy wise other than the reversed propeller, but this one does fit fairly well for what it is and I'm having fun with it by not taking it to seriously.

Got home for a day, between taking my beautiful bride out for a shopping spree and mowing the lawn I only managed to get a quarter of the glazing masked.......that would be the inside of one half. So I haven't been a total slacker :D
:drinks

Now back to work just in time for the big DOT blitz :frantic

Back