• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"Whiffers" (for fun!)

sharkman

Master at Arms
I'll use this thread for some off hand whiffers from now on!

B)

So, what do you do with a spare set of floats sittin' in the spares box?

They are from an Aichi E16A Zuiun (Paul). Got these a little while back from Dave to try on another project but they were a bit small. Can't have them go to waste though, can we?? :D

After playing around I though, "what if Nakajima was looking for a successor for the A6M2-N Rufe?" :hmmm Lets stick these babies on a FW-190 for fun!

Nakajima A190-N (artists impression)

The kit

Got the wings together and have to plug up the wheel wells

Got to work sanding these

drilled out the vents for the dive brakes

and a quick mock up. WIll have to find the best location for the floats so it looks somewhat natural.

:popcorn

A little fun on the side......

:coolio Glad to see they are being put to good(?) use Warren! :ro: :pilot

Interesting...

The Japanese did have an Fw 190A-5:
Japanese_FW190_2.jpg

JapaneseFw190.jpg

FW190-Japan-1.jpg

I can imagine if you found a kit of the Ju-87A as offered by Special hobby, the Japanese had one example as well:
imgc19b5ba8zik0zj.jpg

5E3B78A4-A653-4454-B8F5-7A52E8195CF7_100-sh72136.jpg

Regards,

Thanks for the interest guys!

Saul, I did know the Japanese had tested a FW-190. That was part of the reason I had thought to use it here.

Didn't know about the Ju-87 though!!! :hmmm

I worked a bit more on the floats again today. sanded some more, added some sprue, engraved some new lines, etc...

Here's the old and re-furbished floats

Saul, I did know the Japanese had tested a FW-190. That was part of the reason I had thought to use it here.

Didn't know about the Ju-87 though!

I know you did, just not sure if you knew the version (but it seems so as the Hasegawa kit is the correct variant). I thought you'd admit that the Stuka would look better with the floats and the dive brakes on the struts.

Regards,

Didn't know about the Ju-87 though!

I know you did, just not sure if you knew the version (but it seems so as the Hasegawa kit is the correct variant). I thought you'd admit that the Stuka would look better with the floats and the dive brakes on the struts.

Regards,

Interesting idea Saul. I do agree with you. Maybe a future build ( I'm already on a roll with this one). The Ju-87 is more comparable in size to the Paul for sure so based on the floats I chose it mY have been a better fit. One other plan to tackle someday is to see what floats would look like on an SBD with similar strut dive brakes.

Unmistakable floats . Glad you were able to save them . :good:

Cheers, Christian B)

I like the 'Japanese' seat you added to your Fred.

Regards,

I like that, "Fred"!

Actually, the Allies didn't know if the Japanese would have these aircraft so names were assigned:

Bess (Heinkel He 111)
Doc (Messerschmitt Bf 110)
Fred (Focke Wulf Fw 190A-5)
Irene (Junkers Ju 87A)
Janice (Junkers Ju 88A-5)
Mike (Messerschmitt Bf 109E)
Millie (Vultee V-11GB)
Trixie (Junkers Ju 52/3m)
Trudy (Focke Wulf Fw 200 Kondor)

Regards,

I like that, "Fred"!

Actually, the Allies didn't know if the Japanese would have these aircraft so names were assigned:

Bess (Heinkel He 111)
Doc (Messerschmitt Bf 110)
Fred (Focke Wulf Fw 190A-5)
Irene (Junkers Ju 87A)
Janice (Junkers Ju 88A-5)
Mike (Messerschmitt Bf 109E)
Millie (Vultee V-11GB)
Trixie (Junkers Ju 52/3m)
Trudy (Focke Wulf Fw 200 Kondor)

Regards,

Wow, never knew that they planned code names for all these!

I had read/seen that the Japanese had a BF-109 and a FW 190 and had considered an HE 111. Did not know about the others!

Thanks Saul!

Would love to do a "What if" Japanese He-111 someday!

Back