• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Logan Model 500 Mat Knife

Iron Mike

Master At Arms And Resident Curmudgeon
Hello friends!! I wanted to share something I found for cutting parts off the sprues, the Logan Model 500 Mat Knife. It is intended for cutting picture framing mats, the thin blade works very well at cutting the parts off sprue closely, with almost no nib. The knife comes with a double ended blade that is quite a bit thinner than a #11 blade, the vinyl handle fits comfortably in my hand and the blade retracts when not in use. Please believe me when I say this blade is SHARP!
I purchased mine at Hobby Lobby for about $9.95 USD, they regularly have a 40% off coupon, making this a must have at the bench!

IMG_4059.JPG

IMG_4060.JPG

IMG_4061.JPG

IMG_4062.JPG

While I can't take credit for this tip, I thought it useful enough to pass along. Happy modeling!!

I eyeballed one of those last time I was at the hobby lobby, I'll be sure to pick one up next time. Thanks Mike.

The knife comes with two blades, the replacement blades are #270, there's a pack of ten on Amazon for $3.30 USD. I did not buy any replacements, I wanted to try it to see if I liked it first.

Back