• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

iModelKit - iPhone/iPad App

helios

I stumbled across this mentioned somewhere...and figured I check it out. The paint mixing feature looks really neat. This coupled w/ my postal scale & droppers may allow me to utilize my existing paints (predominantly Model Master enamels) to get near the colors required for old Russian MiG/Su camo colors. Until I found this app, I was looking at getting a few Vallejo paints to cover me for those colors. I haven't actually had the opportunity to mess with it much yet, but looks potentially promising. Not having to add a 3rd paint type (I've already got a few Tamiya paints in inventory) to the stash would be a huge plus for me.

Has anyone else seen/used this app? Any pitfalls I should watch out for?

Cheers. :drinks

I reviewed it here about 7 years back but have since moved to an Android phone where it doesn't work....good to see it's still around.

https://www.modelersalliance.org/forum/news-reviews/55767-imodelkit-app-for-the-i-crowd#79686

Opted in for the full version (no ad, $10) and the inventory side of things ($5), as it ties in with the paint mixer. Played around with it a bit last night for some Norm72 colors. Once you select your reference, you can then select "inventory" for available paints and it will show the most relevant at the top of the list to add. Select "add" again for the next color to add, and it defaults to the last paint list you were in (in this case inventory), with the most relevant color to get it closer to the sample. I know it will do up to at least 6 different colors in a mix...maybe more, but I haven't tried.

If it saves me from having to purchase 3 or 4 bottles of paint, it will have paid for itself. Liking it so far.

Back