• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Holder for the instruction sheet

Bagge

Hi all! made this today, was alone at work so i could take some time to fix some important things :D

P9200132.JPG

P9200130.JPG

will make a new plate in "plywood" because this one was a little soft, but it works fine and the bench have more space to!!
Hope it can inspire someone :D
//Mats

Good idea Mats . I often need multiple sheets at the same time....I need to think about this a bit more but good start.

Cheers, Christian B)

Extra space is always a good thing but it's a rule of physics that no matter how large your work space you will always work in a 6"x6" area.

Something just twigged in this foggy old brain. I once used my daughters music stand to hold my book (lite) and instructions. It folds away when not in use, and it can be raised or lowered. One of these.

http://www.northwestmusic.ca/product/405020500001?gclid=CPmNvJuz27kCFak1QgodOQEAdg

x1050bk_m.jpg.pagespeed.ic.z4TLEDnzUF.jpg

Cheap and easy. Sorry if this steals your thunder Matts :blush: . I think I might order one now that you have my attention.
James

I was thinking of using something like that to first James, but it would have to stand on the ground, and when we go to a show you must try and keep the size down as much as possible :)
//Mats

I could have used one of those when we still had our curious playfull pet pigeon Croky;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=AnuWOEX4Iaw

Greetings,Ron.

Mats, since my work desk is steel, I used magnetic clips but I like your idea better... I brought one (that was designed to attach to a monitor) home from work but the glue wasn't strong enough for the times I yanked the Dragon instructions off for a little cursing and notation.

Ron, must've been fun with Croky 'helping' like that.

Regards,

That is a great idea. For a long time I was using a clipboard until I grabbed one of these from some office supply store:

Instructions_zpsf61eff95.jpg

Its so much nicer to use something like that instead of constantly moving the instruction sheet out of the way.

Neat idea to use an older clipboard that has out lived its usefulness where you had it. I need to try it myself.

Dave

Great Idea! However, I just moved to an iPad, as it allows me to zoom-in when needed. I also have several reference photos loaded up.The only problem is, not all instructions are in digital format, so I need to scan them in.

-Steven

Great Idea! However, I just moved to an iPad, as it allows me to zoom-in when needed. I also have several reference photos loaded up.The only problem is, not all instructions are in digital format, so I need to scan them in.

-Steven

Not a bad idea you have there. I would be afraid of dropping it. I drop paper it does not break. :)

-Steven

With my iPad I have to have the autolock turned on. Got it maxed to 15 minutes so every time I turn around I have to put my passcode in to unlock it! :bang head (corporate email requirement, not optional)

I tried using my Android tablet for reference photos and such, but it was too much hassle. I ended up getting a notebook (D ring binder of course) and a pack of sheet protectors, mounted all the various sheets into it and then made print out reference pages and added themm too. That worked the best for me. Everything in one place.

I even used some tape and the cardboard from my Eduard PE to make a sort of booklet then stuck the PE frets into it with soft stick double sided tape. Then the booklet fit into the sleeve on the inside of the notebook cover. Everything protected and usually out of the way.. Years ago I used one of those clear plastic things you could slide paper between the folds. It worked but took up desk space and I was always needing to look at something that wasn't on the page.

I guess use what works for you and floats your boat. (y)

:mpup

Back