• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Takom Late M3 Lee

Tony lee

Master at Arms
I moved the M3 Late that I built to the paint shop before James moves his in there. :D

h993fb0e_2018-05-25.JPG

h3a331ef.JPG

Primer and shadow coats today:
ha761dc8.JPG

Stay busy
Tony lee :eek:ldguy

When I saw the title, I was going to offer condolences for your late Lee, but it appears to be early. :rotf

You've been a green machine of late, nice work, pardner!

(y)

While watching the Indy 500 I installed the mud guards front and back,the markings as well as the wheels and tracks. Last night I coated the right front sprocket with a brown wash and it changed the color as expected,more brownish.

h284b3c2.JPG

h9f179e9.JPG

What a day,great racing and building models :dance

Uncle Tony :eek:ldguy

OK I sealed in the markings and while that was drying I got to thinking about the other brands of OD that I had and Vallejo Model Air US Olive Drab seemed to be more brown than the others so what I did was mix a 80/90% thinner to color and just sprayed a dusting coat not real heavy because my fade was getting weak. To the eye it did add a tinge of brown to the OD but the camera and lights make it appear more green than it is.
h3428448.JPG

h7db6cfa.JPG

h0074640.JPG

OD is another one of those subjective colors but I feel like this one suits me now.
Tony lee :eek:ldguy

"What's going on here? Did you decide to take the summer off?"

I ordered some paint and it had the wrong colors in the right set so I ask for a replacement. It got held for lack of invoice and toxic report by FEDEX. It says Non Toxic right on the bottles :blink

Two more Takom M3's and a Tamiya M2 Stuart to be released this month too :yipee

You know me when I get to the bench it's hard for you guys to keep up anyway. :D

"What's going on here? Did you decide to take the summer off?"

I ordered some paint and it had the wrong colors in the right set so I ask for a replacement. It got held for lack of invoice and toxic report by FEDEX. It says Non Toxic right on the bottles :blink

Two more Takom M3's and a Tamiya M2 Stuart to be released this month too :yipee

You know me when I get to the bench it's hard for you guys to keep up anyway. :D

You got that right Uncle Tony! You can crank those fantastic puppies out!

Bob

Back