• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dragon 15cm s.IG.33 auf Fahrgestell Pz.Kpfw.III

Tony lee

Master at Arms
h390473c.jpg

Too much painting to catch up on so this will be started on a rainy or cold day.
hfe833ef.JPG

Tony lee :eek:ldguy

"What? No Olive Drab? You were on a roll there"
I threw a track man. :D

Started

Lower hull and Running gear:

hee43c97.JPG

he7d0ca0.JPG

I had to drill out the torsion bar holes on one side just a little so the bar collars would fit flush with the hull. Also there's several "A"&"B" sprues so you'll have to sort through them to find the correct part number called for.

Dontcha just love the multiple A and B sprues that are dfferent? AA and BB maybe? :frantic
:good:

Update

Upper Hull:
ha66796a.JPG

hb71a7b1.JPG

hbe0cbfe.JPG

h8e06180.JPG

A seat and two driving levers are all there is to the interior,guess i'll have to wing it. :(

Tony, does it have the 4 piece inner face in PE on the rear idler? How do you handle that construction? I always find it irritating and never looks right when I do it. Thanks.
James

James instead of a ring it has a three piece ring and they fit btw. I use Gator Grip glue to hold them in place and adjust if need be.

That's about it hope it helps

Unky Tony's tank factory must be paying overtime... look at the production going-on here !! - I think he's going to start sub-contracting soon... :good:

Ian.

Update

Gun:
I assembled the gun this morning to see how much room I had to work with to add ammo.
haf7c41e.JPG

hf742310.JPG

I forgot to tell you about the firewall not seating all the way down. The box on the firewall hits one of the torsion bars preventing it from going all the way down so I just cut a section out of the bar.
ha5953b7.JPG

Confirms that they don't build a kit before release. :angry:

Back