• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Junkers D.I

jknaus

Administrator
Going to get back into WWI and this should be simple enough to get me back into the game and finally get a ribbon.
Sorry for the poor pics. Georgia thought she deserved more attention than the Junkers did.

haf747db.JPG

h5f56354.JPG

h3e62826.JPG

LOL! You know you probably didn't need to show the unbuilt as it just came out. :D

Should be an interesting build James!

Watching-with-Popcorn.jpg

J.1 was a fun build. I need a couple more I think. So far I have the frame work ready to paint and the stick done. Hope to take it downstairs and attempt to paint this evening if my back will stop screaming at me. Pics soon.

I considered doing this one as well for this campaign but the Sopwith Triplane keeps calling my name. Just not sure I can get to it before deadline. Looking forward to your build !

Starting to do some detail work in the cockpit. Stuff is dry fit in position. I don't understand the reasoning for WNW to integrally mount the fuel tank rather than add as a separate piece. It makes it much harder to paint. I managed to rig the rudder bar. Still more detail painting and weathering to go before I can start gluing the structures together.

hcfa4806.JPG

h32d1a46.JPG

hd90ec5f.JPG

One thing they have done for the first time is add the fuel switches in PE. Will see how this looked before I use some half wing nuts by Bronco.

B) :popcorn :popcorn

Looking cool James.....as I told you I have one of these as well and will probably make this one my first Wingnuts build so I am following with interest!

Ian.

Not a lot to show but some decaling and some spot painting. Still more to go. A wash to pop the congregations out. Not going to be able to get back to this until next week unfortunately.

h9a3d2cb.JPG

h2f06805.JPG

h8965c29.JPG

h78531ef.JPG

Been a rough couple of weeks but I have the cockpit done. I did not install the optional Altimeter on this one. I did make a spark advancement rod and you can see the unpainted end sticking out front. I also added the throttle cable which is kind of hard to see but goes from the throttles on the stick over the magneto. I have not yet added the gun cables from the stick.
Not my best work but it will do and I dont think you will see much when its buttoned up.

h3bafdb1.JPG

hc285dc1.JPG

h91f1b1a.JPG

h19df153.JPG

Oh and the rudder pedals are rigged as well.
Engine and front of firewall next before I button it up.
James

Back