• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Meet the Fokkers!

Flyingbabydoc

Hello Everyone

World War I is not really my Thing, and throughout the years I have accumulated a few models that were left on the shelf. Well, no more. I am going to build for this campaign a small Diorama using the following kits:

1. Fokker EII Eindecker - Airfix 1/72, with decals from Print Scale and PE Eduard. This will be the aircraft 43/15, flown by Lt. Rosenstein

2. Fokker EIII Eindecker - Revell 1/72 OOB with decals from Print Scale. This will be the aircraft EIII/105S from Ernst Udet

3. Fokker Dr.I Dreidecker - Eduard 1/72 OOB - this will be the aircraft 195/17 from Jasta 2 flown by cmmdr. Vallendor

4. Fokker Dr.I Dreidecker - Eduard 1/72 with PE and Decals Eduard - aircraft 103/17 from Jasta 2 flown by Lt. Werner Voss.

Now I am not sure if I will get all that wiring and the bloody wings right, but I am willing to try. This will be a Little longer build since I want to finish the Me-163 Diorama first. But should be fun.

Wish me luck!

Cheers

Alex

h7b3cece.JPG

h175a650.JPG

h0035b7d.JPG

hfa646f9.JPG

he94807e.JPG

h75f53f5.JPG

1/72 Fokker Frenzy - 4 models and 1 diorama

Looks like you are going to get your Great War ribbon there Alex! I should dig out one of my 1/72 or 1/48 Great War planes and git-r-dun right along with you!
(y)

1/72 Fokker Frenzy - 4 models and 1 diorama

Check out all them fokkers...:rotf

I think your painting style will do those schemes well.

Thanks guys!

Bob, you actually gave me a good idea to change the title...

paul, come along! I could surely use your expertise as we advance together. As I said, I haven't dwelt in WWI much, actually never!

Cheers

Alex

Title is fine Alex. :D Reminds me of a couple of movies from a few years back. :rotf

As to a build along, I will look through my stash this weekend. Am feeling the need for another distraction from the stuka. Almost over the hump with it, but it has drained my mojo again.

Turns out I have a bunch of 1/48 WW1 kits. Several Gavia, a whole bunch of early (Ugh! :bang head type) Eduard and some later much nicer Eduard kits. A couple of Dragon kits and several Special Hobby all in 1/48. Then there is the 1/48 Hannover CL3a that I started a number of years ago. (Yeah one of the early Eduard :bang head kits) Has a scratch built top wing and a partialy done scratch built engine. Was going to need a bunch more work in the cockpit as well. (NOT going to work on that one :blink)

So my choices are:
Gavia Albatross D.I
Eduard Albatross D.II (LVG)
Eduard Albatross D.III
Eduard Albatross D.V
Eduard Albatross Dr.I (triplane)
Gavia Albatross W.4 (floatplane)
Special Hobby Albatross C.III

These are all pretty clean and decently detailed. Am leaning toward the Gavia D.I and I could earn my WW1 ribbon too. So what do you think Alex? Should I try the D.I?

I wanna do another Fokker.

Seriously Alex, your painting style will work great with that rain streaked paint scheme on those fokkers.

Thanks guys!

@paul: you could most definitely do a DR.I and show me how it's done.. otherwise I would go for the D.V...
@Saul: thanks for the pictures. I have almost no WWI material so that will come in handy.
@Bob: to say that I have a paint style is way too kind! But I see what you mean. I think I can get those streaks right. Let's see!

Only I will be enjoying a whole week vacation now in a gorgeous resort by the Achen lake in Austria. All projects are on a hold now :)

Cheers everyone!

Alex

Enjoy your family and free time Alex! I know you have little enough during the regular time. I always thought it would be nice to be able to tour through Europe visit and see as much as possible. Lots of history and interesting places.

Thanks guys

The water was freezing, but all so beautiful. We stayed in a Hotel that caters for children, so our son had the vacation of his life. This is the place below:

hbd8d241.JPG

And this is the preliminary work on the first Fokker. Dang that Thing is small! Me likes it!

Cheers

Alex

h06b673a.JPG

haeb9e20.JPG

h5bde90d.JPG

h04d656a.JPG

hd6eccc2.JPG

h5d14f3c.JPG

hca05c34.JPG

h4b4aaee.JPG

h6ff9e87.JPG

h3decc28.JPG

Nice progress Alex :)

Yeah, gorgeous place but I would not hope for tropical swimming conditions .

Cheers, Christian B)

Well, not Tropical at all. So cold you couldn't even breath for a few seconds, But gorgeous nonetheless.

I started putting the whole Thing together. YOu would think that it would be easy, but Eduard PE has a way of making it all difficult. Still, I will venture on.

Cheers

Alex

hcdc5d69.JPG

h0ba5426.JPG

h8e84ec4.JPG

ha78fdb1.JPG

h7153425.JPG

he9259d9.JPG

h277fac5.JPG

h4828b96.JPG

h3b7a835.JPG

h2e2f46b.JPG

Thanks master. Indeed they were chattering for a while.

Got some wind on my sails and got the Fokker ready for decals. Very cute Little plane.

Cheers

Alex

h5c67dd3.JPG

hffc4af7.JPG

h747d0e2.JPG

h5138568.JPG

h14cd7c1.JPG

hbf9b254.JPG

h905c055.JPG

Back