• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Edurard 1/72 Fokker Dr.I, stripdown version

MichelC

Isn't it exactly 100 years since the Fokker Dr.I was introduced? Right on time I am, then! :D

As far as kits go there are good kits, very good kits and then there is the Eduard Stripdown Limited Edition kit. Opening the box was like...well I haven't felt like that since when I received the Revell 1/32 Corsair for Xmas when I was 12. Of course this is all very subjective but I'll try and share some of the thrill with this post. So let's get to it...

Here's what's in the box:

One single styrene tree.

Lots of photoetch, of course.

Resin parts, including forming jigs for the PE.

Instruction sheet.

The boxart is an oversized pic of the unpainted kit, more like a 3D rendering.

And talking of 3D renderings, there's the Kagero book that goes with the kit. Yes, these two are really made to go together!

This book is a moderler's dream come true. There's isn't a single detail of the a/c's construction that isn't covered in incredible detail.

There is even a section with 3d pics and the book comes with a pair of 3D glasses!

So, what do ya think? Is that going to be fun?

:captain

M

Back