• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 Wingnut Wings Fokker D.VII (Fok)

Jeeves

Got this one last Christmas...love the minimal rigging....really want to try the EIII and some British stuff but rigging scares me LOL

009~27.jpg

010~22.jpg

Was going to wait until I had this all as one unit-- but heck-- here are the three main sub assemblies all together-- engine, ammo boxes and fuel tank, and half of the cockpit...
001~51.jpg

002~45.jpg

Really like the engine-- still so much to add and then plenty of surface area to weather ;)
003~52.jpg

Looking good so far. I dont know if its the angle of the picture, but it looks like your timing gear is on backwards. If so you'll have some major problems later in the build.
Watching with interest :popcorn
James

Thanks guys! No worries...I'm being careful...so far everything seems to be keyed directionally making it very easy to place things correctly. The engine is set up correctly and I am still adding pieces to it and painting as I go...

Been playing with my engine a bit today and I agree. Must have been the angle of the pic or phase of the moon. that made it seem off. Keep going, I'm enjoying this build.
James

Thanks James...I appreciate you looking out for me. You have me being very careful with this one which is a good thing...I don't normally spend so much on a model but I have been enjoying this tremendously and am not rushing it. I am hoping I can get the office area assembled correctly so everything fits...but the firewall that caps the end of the ammo bins has me a bit nervous as it doesn't seem to want to sit in where its supposed to.

My wife and daughter have friends coming over in the afternoon so I get shop time-- ought to be able to update some pics soon.

Thanks James...I appreciate you looking out for me. You have me being very careful with this one which is a good thing...I don't normally spend so much on a model but I have been enjoying this tremendously and am not rushing it. I am hoping I can get the office area assembled correctly so everything fits...but the firewall that caps the end of the ammo bins has me a bit nervous as it doesn't seem to want to sit in where its supposed to.

There's two tubes coming up at an forward angle. that's where the firewall needs to align

h3f2d933.JPG

Is that where you're talking about?

Yup...that's the part I gotta get right....taking a breather and working on my figure for now ;)

Obviously I've got a ways to go-- but am happy with the work so far...these kits are really impressive...love the included decals for the data plates and dials for things like this compass face...
002~46.jpg

003~53.jpg

I hate to sound cliche, but these engines really are like a mini-kit to themselves...
004~46.jpg

006~44.jpg

007~41.jpg

And I got a little sloppy on the panel painting...hopefully with a bit of weathering I can tone down the brass...
009~28.jpg

Been working on this one this week...now that baseball is almost over and summer vacations and the like are winding down-- here is where I am at...I hope the engine is in the right place...as awesome as the direction packet is, it leaves a little mystery as to the exact placement for the engine...
002~56.jpg

003~59.jpg

Back