• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The War To End All Wars, 100th Anniversary

RichB

With the upcoming 100th anniversary of the start of World War One, any thoughts on a build dedicated to "The War To End All Wars"? Start date could be as early as 28 June, the day Archduke Ferdinand was assassinated or 28 July, the day the Austro-Hungarian Empire declared war on Serbia and the first shots were fired.

:drinks
Rich

Absolutely. I will join.
Andrea has a Mk IV Male diorama coming out with tank and figures in 54mm. You can see it on pre order for $599.00 at Last Cavalry.
MBI has a Mk IV male and female coming out again check Last Cavalry.
Just saw Tommys War has a very nice vignette

IMG_2605new.jpg

http://tommyswar.co.uk/product/tw54vc01-l-battery-rha-and-the-action-at-nery-1st-september-1914/

From their new VC Winners collection. This I am going to ask for Christmas and if not then will buy myself.

Plus all the WNW kits. We should look top make this a big one.

James

Whilst I'm unlikely to enter a project for this campaign, I wholeheartedly and absolutely endorse it. Wearing my 'mods' hat, Rich, I will do everything I can to ensure it runs smoothly, and any help I can be, just ask.

"Lest we forget"

Ian

Wow, that Tommy's War figure set is just amazing looking. Unfortunately well beyond both my skill and my wallet to support it.

I might be able to enter this campaign, since Master Box is coming out with some 1/72 scale WWI tanks. I also have and Emhar WWI tank that was given to me by a friend who won it at the Nationals. I should be able to get into this.

Have some old Renault FT 17 from RPM i can build, one smoke layer and one command version, not the best kits but they must be built one day, and a 100th anniversary is a very good reason!
//Mats

Well, I have some Tommy's War figures and the new set is really great and also the Meng Renault would be a nice subject, so if I have time then I would like to participate if this campaign goes on.

Johanna

Some great ideas for dios in those pictures. I've got 3 or 4 120mm WWI figures, a couple of 200mm busts, one or two Emhar tanks and a growing stash of WWI aircraft waiting to be built.

Cheers,
Rich

Hmmmm....I'd like to throw in my hat to this one-- not everyday you have a 100th anniversary of something you can commemorate.

So-- shall I crack open the Wingnut Models Fokker I got last Christmas....or go with this:

_28KGrHqN2C21jEE9woHoWe3BPfdKTuv5w~~60_35.JPG

Back