• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Ma.K RAPTOR - under the hood-finale.

wds

I thought that I would get this queen back in the queue.
It’s the Ma.K S.A.F.S. MK.III Raptor in 1/20 scale. You know… :geek
Anyway, I had this one assembled and [strike]primed[/strike] (on second thought, I think this is just straight assembly), and then put it away as one does sometimes. :hmmm :idonno

I started on a base for it. Just a piece of MDF with a routed edge and a short fence around the top to hold the “deck” material.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,

Bill

Raptor.jpg

MaK_base_1.jpg

MaK_base_2.jpg

MaK_base_3.jpg

MaK_base_4.jpg

MaK_base_5.jpg

MaK_base_6.jpg

Ma.K RAPTOR

Thanks guys! ( Luiz, SA Dave, Bob, Terry, Jeeves, and the Shermanator)

I left out one photo of the brown rust base colors that I applied prior to the last photo. So it was browns with a hairspray coat and then the grey with yellow stripe. Scrubbed off the top coat,… you know.

First pass with the camo. Base is Tamiya Deck Tan (XF-55) with Tamiya Medium Blue (XF-18) (let down +/- 50% ?? with the Deck Tan). Red arm is a nod to C3PO in the new S.W. movie. (Sorry, ... spoiler alert? Seriously?). I really enjoy the freedom that a Sci-Fi, What-if, what-ever, build affords. Do what you want.

Thanks for looking!

Cheers!

Bill

IMG_2774~0.jpg

IMG_2775.jpg

Ma.K RAPTOR - decals

Thanks, Sherm!
Thanks, Luiz!

It got glossed all over (lots of little decals) with Tamiya clear, decaled, and top coated with the same.

Thanks for looking!

Cheers,

Bill

IMG_2795.jpg

IMG_2794.jpg

Ma.K RAPTOR - decals

Lets call it done.
Thanks for looking. :hmmm

Cheers,

Bill

Rapt1.jpg

Rapt2.jpg

Rapt3.jpg

Rapt4.jpg

Rapt5.jpg

v89

Ma.K RAPTOR - decals

Lets call it done.
Thanks for looking. :hmmm

Cheers,

Bill

Rapt1.jpg

Rapt2.jpg

Rapt3.jpg

Rapt4.jpg

Rapt5.jpg

v89

Very cool Bill, sorry we missed your post back in Feb, I really hate that happening. Looks like a fine build and great finish. :good:

Ma.K RAPTOR - completed

Thanks Dave!
Thanks Terry!
Thanks, Bob!
Thanks, Brb!
Thanks Luiz!

And that all folks!
Thanks again for looking and for the comments.

Cheers,

Bill

Rapt7.jpg

Rapt6.jpg

v113

Ma.K RAPTOR - completed

Wow! I totally missed this cool build. :blush: Great work and finish, Bill! (y) :drinks

Back