• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Forgotten Infestation?

Duke Maddog

Hey guys, remember back when I had posted this pic of the Starship Troopers I was building and painting for a friend?

WIP_Starship_Troopers_I.jpg

Well, I just realized that I hadn't posted the finished pics for you all! I had finished these up at least three months ago I believe and was paid a total of $65.00 for doing the lot. He was so impressed he acquired more of these bugs and troopers and wants me to do them too. I told him we'd have to re-negotiate the price; given the difficulty that I had to face with these. He agreed.

I didn't paint them according to the movies or the painting guide, but my friend Ryan stated that my paint work looked far better than either one, so without further ado, here's the finished pics:

Overall shot of the bugs and troopers:

Starship_Troopers_BUGS_I.jpg

Closeup of the troopers bracing for the onslaught:

Starship_Troopers_BUGS_III.jpg

Finally, a closeup of the bugs themselves, just before they all had 'lunch':

Starship_Troopers_BUGS_II.jpg

Since then he has brought out this game to play and everyone who played it commented on how incredible and magnificent his figures were. He keeps getting more and more requests to play this game now because of these.

My apologies for forgetting this, I hope you enjoy them. Thanks for looking in.

Those look really good Mark! (y)

Just as a little note, there are folks out there that charge big $ and make a living painting gaming minis. A lot can be learned from those that paint tons of these little models as well as the practice and things that can be learned from doing them.

:D

Thanks for the great replies guys! There were times I was enjoying this, except when it got tedious.

Razor, they are pretty creepy ain't they?

Those look really good Mark! (y)

Just as a little note, there are folks out there that charge big $ and make a living painting gaming minis. A lot can be learned from those that paint tons of these little models as well as the practice and things that can be learned from doing them.

:D

Thanks! Yeah, I know a couple of them at Hobby Day. I'm only starting out and willing to do it now and then as I also enjoy doing my own models. Besides, all the gamers I know here are all cheap guys unwilling to pay the big money prices that most figure painters charge.... that's why they come to me. LOL! :facepalm I have done some other figures for another guy as well, so maybe more people will hire me for this. I'll take whatever income I can from wherever.

Thanks again guys for all the great replies!

Thanks! I appreciate the great comment. I had forgotten about this one as it had been so long since someone posted on it.

Thanks again and welcome back!

Back