• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Spitfire F.24 - 'What If' * * F I N I S H E D * *

ij001

Well, it's been a couple of years, so 'bout time I got a 'What If' build on to the (new) bench.

All I'm posting for now is the 'raw material', but there'll be some updates as and when. Not going to be any sort of 'speed build', I have four projects vying for my attention just now (y'all know that anyway), although two of them are pretty much done.  I appreciate that 'What If' builds aren't too plentiful around here, but please feel free to ask any questions, make any comments and/or criticisms, I'm not precious about it, it really is just a hobby !!

So to pre-empt the more obvious questions:
* No I won't be doing a 'Swedish splinter pattern'.
* No it won't be Israeli.
* No I won't be cross-kitting with the Seafire 47, although I was seriously tempted to do that ;)
* Yes it will be OoB

Stand-by then for the first in-progress pics probably tomorrow evening, real life permitting.

AFN

Ian.

Spitfire F.24 - A 'What If' build

You doing one of those Canuckistanian birds with the experimental maple syrup scheme, false canopy underneath and the Maple leaf Dazzle spinner? :evil: :D
James

Well come on whats it gonna be then?

Part of the fun of a what if build is keeping the audience 'in-the-dark' for as long as possible... Consider y'self in the blackout :drinks

Ian.

You doing one of those Canuckistanian birds with the experimental maple syrup scheme, false canopy underneath and the Maple leaf Dazzle spinner? :evil: :D
James

James I told you that in confidence... now you've spoiled the surprise :bang head

Ian.

Some progress, just the basics:

h4a53b43.jpg

hf7c9ec7.jpg

hda01e25.jpg

h84cb8b9.jpg

hff928ae.jpg

h67ded8c.jpg

h8573880.jpg

hab0c9f1.jpg

All proceeding according to plan. Real life permitting, some more tomorrow.

Ian.

Cool start there Ian

Just wondering where does the Bow and arrow and assegaai go? :D

YOu have got yourself a very nice looking Pit in there. Nice start too.......Cheers Mark

So the 'state of play' just now; I rubbed it all down, then polished the plastic until I got a super smooth, glassy finish:

hc9dd3e1.JPG

hb0a9132.JPG

he71afbd.JPG

Then some paint happened :eek:hmy:

h1410954.JPG

ha424da8.JPG

Now, anybody here got some 1:48 JPS decals ?? :frantic

Ian.

Love the late model Spitfires . They are just beautiful creations . :popcorn

Cheers, Christian B)

Back