• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Jagdpanzer IV/70 Complete!

Iron Mike

Master At Arms And Resident Curmudgeon
We had a gift exchange at last week's club meeting and even though I picked last, I got the best deal. This is Tamiya's Jagdpanzer IV kit, a new tool a few years back. When I opened the box, I found the Detail Up set for the gun had been added to the kit, a very nice surprise! I've got a bunch of projects started and had no business firing up another build, I couldn't help myself. Being a Steelers fan in Panthers country means I have to stream the games on the Steelers Radio Network, so I opened the box and started building while the game was on. I had mentioned the kit to Eric, who asked me to add this to The Workhorse campaign. Here you go, Eric.

hcabc6ed.JPG

h465c98b.JPG

The kit builds like a million bucks, here's the result of about three hours at the bench.

h0ae63d7.JPG

hb8de85f.JPG

h75b7019.JPG

I don't think I can bring myself to use the rubber bands, I have a leftover set of Magic Tracks I may use. Stay tuned, I've got some fun stuff to try out. :mpup Thanks for coming by!

:drinks

Last edited:
Tamiya Jagdpanzer IV/70 (V) Lang

Always loved the Lang.

I agree, using the rubberbands would be a travesty.

Watching closely...

AWESOMENESS ... :ro:
I always liked "Lang", it got such nice lines even the taller "A" variant looks good. I suspect this will be a quick build indicative of good ol Tamiya engineering.
:v

These would be solid guide horns. I can't recall which set you have.

Thanks guys! B)

Doesn't 'Pup have every kind of Panzer IV tracks there are lately?! :rotf
Isn't it nice to build a friendlier Kit! I felt that same excitement when the Toon Starfighter project was underway.

Good job so far!
:ro: (y) :drinks

He's becoming der Panzermeister. :mpup

Yes, building a kit that you don't have to scrounge parts for, fabricate or hammer into submission is refreshing (for a change).

Here's an little more. The gun detailing set from Tamiya.

h138a9aa.JPG

h19975a1.JPG

heb6217e.JPG

Comes with instructions and everything fits!

hee81bbf.JPG

he848f04.JPG

I added a little Mr. Surfacer 500 to restore the cast texture to the mantlet where I removed a small seam line.

h95a0d7d.JPG

ha8233cb.JPG

A coat or two of black primer, followed by red oxide for the floor and cremeweiss for the interior and gun.

h33b7804.JPG

h7e550fb.JPG

Going on safari today, maybe get back to the bench this afternoon. More to come, thanks for dropping by!

Like you say, Mike, nothing better than a kit that doesn't try to ambush you with every sub-assembly. Great work so far, matey... (y)

Ian.

Thanks to all! I dug out the spare set of Magic Tracks, they should be the ticket. I need to check them against the sprockets and see how that goes. I'm still unable to build something right out of the box. :laugh:

Just finished prepping road wheels, time for a beer! B)

Thanks for coming by, I plan to hit the bench tomorrow.

He's becoming der Panzermeister. :mpup

Yes, building a kit that you don't have to scrounge parts for, fabricate or hammer into submission is refreshing (for a change).

Here's an little more. The gun detailing set from Tamiya.

h138a9aa.JPG

h19975a1.JPG

heb6217e.JPG

Comes with instructions and everything fits!

hee81bbf.JPG

he848f04.JPG

I added a little Mr. Surfacer 500 to restore the cast texture to the mantlet where I removed a small seam line.

h95a0d7d.JPG

ha8233cb.JPG

A coat or two of black primer, followed by red oxide for the floor and cremeweiss for the interior and gun.

h33b7804.JPG

h7e550fb.JPG

Going on safari today, maybe get back to the bench this afternoon. More to come, thanks for dropping by!

Making some great progress on this build. :good:
So let me see if I understand this...is the entire gun assembly a Tamiya aftermarket product?
:v

Not the entire gun, just the parts you see on that sprue and the turned barrel. I plan to leave hatches open, so I built the back half of the gun. Not sure how much will be seen, but it's there. :eek:hyeah

Back