• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Build #2: T-55A - D O N E

ij001

Well what defines 'Workhorse' any clearer than 'The Worlds most mass-produced tank' ?

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/worlds-most-mass-produced-tanks.165406/

Tamiya's superb kit, some decals and off-we-go:

h459a0f2.jpg

Might get some etch too, not decided yet :idonno , more soon, but not that soon - need to finish the IL2 first :java

Ian.

T-55A

Well what defines 'Workhorse' any clearer than 'The Worlds most mass-produced tank' ?

It sure does scream "WORKHORSE!!"
This should build up into a super nice build....Welcome aboard!!
:v

T-55A

Neat choice! Are you going to go with the kit tracks? I will be interested in seeing how you get the ‘sag’ in them.

T-55A

Neat choice! Are you going to go with the kit tracks? I will be interested in seeing how you get the ‘sag’ in them.

Mornin' Bruce
I'll be using my tried & tested Superglue'n Swearing method. Usually works quite well but no guarantees, right ?

Some photos later today hopefully. Best from NZ.

Ian.

T-55A

Mornin' Bruce
I'll be using my tried & tested Superglue'n Swearing method. Usually works quite well but no guarantees, right ?

Some photos later today hopefully. Best from NZ.

Ian.

Ahhh.....good one

T-55A - main construction done

Such a beautifully engineered kit:

h9642bef.jpg

h394a506.jpg

IMHO one of Tamiya's very best. All the lower hull, suspension and wheels have been primed & 'shadow coated'. All the turret primed - but I'll leave off the (Czech) stowage bins, rails etc until after the camo - next I'll apply the same black shadow coat. Upper hull still needs a second primer coat followed by the same shadow coat.

Need to park-this for a week or two whilst the (Eduard) etch makes its' way here to Middle Earth, in the meantime I'll dig-out something with wings, and possibly in 1:32 to play with.

AFN

Ian.

That was quick...but not surprising, being Tammy and all.

That was quick...but not surprising, being Tammy and all.

"POOF!" Quick & neat build so far! Can't wait to see the tracks, but please don't audio-record that part of the build!

Build #2: T-55A - non-update, update !

At last the Eduard etch set I've been waiting-on arrived this morning, so when the current (aircraft) project is off the bench, the T-55 can resume.

Have the rest of a great weekend everyone.

Ian.

Build #2: T-55A - Shadow coated

Got the etch grilles and other bits'n bobs glued on this lunchtime before work:

h2665b89.jpg

And this evening just before dinner, got the shadow coat on:

h3657e35.jpg

Nothing glued in to place just yet as I need to plan how I apply the stripey camo so it looks 'haphazard' but actually isn't :java .
More soon, please feel free to comment and suggest in the meantime. Best from Middle-Earth.

Ian.

Back