• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Build #1: IL2 - D O N E

ij001

h5e9f1ad_2019-06-30.jpg

Opened the box only yesterday (Sunday 31st July), taped it together to check fit. If it's OK with the 'show runners' I can do proper start-up / date stamp pics, if not, that's fine there's plenty more kits in the stash.

Over to you.

Ian.

IL2 - Subject to approval

Dear Ian.

For me, it´s ok!...the russians used them a lot, during the WWII :eek:ldguy

Luiz.

IL2 - Subject to approval

Got the 'green light' :ro: , so tomorrow I'll do a proper date-stamp pic and get stuck-in !

Ian.

IL2

Proper start-up photo:

h8f5dbc5.jpg

Only extras will be the decals and the Eduard kit-specific Zoom set.

Ian.

IL2

Thanks all.
Never built one of these before so that makes it even more fun... Wednesday is always a day-off for me so with luck I can get some cockpit 'stuff' done today.

For a change, I'm going back to enamel paints for this one.

More soon.

Ian.

IL2

Pit progress:

ha68beeb.jpg

h8c2d2c1.jpg

More to add: Rear bulkhead, throttle & fuel mix levers and of course the instrument panel not to mention everything in the rear gunners compartment. Definitely not a 'shake'n bake' project.

Ian.

IL2

Airframe coming together over the last couple of days:

he4ea028.jpg

hbeb0bfb.jpg

h541985e.jpg

h8abcc31.jpg

hf9c1214.jpg

h3025268.jpg

Slow progress as I have to balance bench-time with work and having the 'little darlings' home from school for two-weeks winter holidays... Hmphhh :facepalm

Ian.

IL2 - Ready for paint

Next.... painting:

h0fd4646.jpg

Which will be a longer process than usual as I'm using enamels for this one, so 36hrs between paint & mask and paint again :java

Ian.

Back