• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

WW 1 Mark IV " Hermophrodite"

Plastik Smurff

My contribution to this campaign.
A easy one as the tank core was only in it's infancy but still over 1200 of these were built.
I do plan on building this in a scene just waiting on the availability of the bit's I want.The tank is going to be built O.O.B as the detail in the last Takom tank I built was very good to my untrained eye although the brass barrel upgrade set is tempting.
Start pic's.

hc6cc966.JPG

ha98a502.JPG

Sorry about the quality but I couldn't get the site timestamp in with the box (only have the laptop on the bench).Let's see if I can finish this one :eek:ldguy

This looks to be one of them kit's that do great detail then cover it so it is never seen.The Lewis guns are rather nicely done but they will not be visible so I decided to leave open the front view port just to show a little detail.

There is nothing but space and a nice gun butt.
h14ee1ca.JPG

I will spray the interior white as not much light will get in then I will add a 1/35 miniart figure in front of the view-port next to the gun.He is a ww2 figure and a cheap one at that but I plea artistic license on this one as not a great deal of it will be seen.
Might look ok might not :idonno
he44d49d.JPG

Waiting on thing's to dry an will post more later.

A little more done.
Only a quick an rough job on the figure.

hc2a0f8f.JPG

The dude in the tank minus his feet,not much bean room could have trimmed more. B)

hf4446ae.JPG

The view through the hatch. I blanked the sides out an found that....he disappears.I knew this might happen yet I still went ahead. :smack

h117fa2f.JPG

Lot's of nice detail so far.

h69ca603.JPG

h115330a.JPG

Thank's for lookin.

Righto some more progress.
Again a lot of detail that will be covered up,just to make the tracks moveable.

h8510f38.JPG

A little filler was required on the casing.Deluxe materials plastic putty was used.
h9ade6e2.JPG

Impressive amount of part's for the 6 pound big gun's,I built the second by mistake as only one is needed.

h6dc0921.JPG

h0b72e97.JPG

You can leave the door open on this sponson to show the 6 pounder and Lewis gun.
he7bbde8.JPG

Lewis guns.
hbc24710.JPG

All buttoned up and ready for paint.

he5cdb43.JPG

h21cf1f4.JPG

I still have to make the tracks and the un-ditching beam but some primer and base color will be sprayed.

Kurt.

As I intend to show this tank as operational I thought I might try my hand at some adding some damage from machine gun's and rifle fire which according to the web happened to these tank's.
It's not hard just never thought to do it before :idonno
And for the micrometer patrol out there I'am aware that they are slightly over scale :pp

hbe5b767.JPG

he7e7b22.JPG

I had this in the bench draw a battery soldering iron.Not much chop at soldering but great for this stuff.

hcfa5061.JPG

Good ole red primer.

h9745bb1.JPG

h59a85c3.JPG

First off I sprayed all the rivet lines an hatches,doors ect with "tank brown" once dried I then sprayed the main color of "cam medium brown" thinned out a little in thin coats till the hull was the coated but the pre-shading was still showing a little.

h5ee635f.JPG

h8431844.JPG

The red primer still has a effect on the tone which is rather hard to see in the pic's.
Next I think a little of the cam brown lightened an sprayed on the open an high areas.Mind you this tank is going to be reasonably weathered.

Kurt.

Only two pic's from last nights work as the puter had a brain snap and somehow lost the rest. :vmad
I do wish I had a better camera to show the colors better as it is hard to see the variation's in the paint.
Ended up using a thinned down "Dark Earth" to lightly spray on the bare plates between the rivets to lift it a bit (If that makes sense :hmmm )

he1cf8fa.JPG

hb517ad7.JPG

Working on the tracks so I should get em on soon.

Back