• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

AT-PT " AN OLD REPUBLIC WALKER"

MrT

Master at Arms
Staff member
Ok it's time for another project that will fly under the radar unnoticed. After an intense build it's time to relax and do some Sci-Fi. I picked up this kit rather unusual kit at the Nationals.

DSC07001~0.JPG

DSC07002~0.JPG

It is some sort of dino/bird mech from the Zoids realm, but what caught my attention was what seemed like a light saber in the pilots hand. The pilots helmet looks strangely like a storm troopers. So an idea struck me at once that this could be a Jedi of the Old Republic on patrol maintaining peace and justice. After consulting my son for about 10 seconds he agreed and 25.00 dollars later this bird thing came home. Looking over the kit I found that it was very toy like even coming with a wind up mechanism to make the thing walk. The figure is "very" much a toy with open joints, however the kit had many redeeming qualities and lots of opportunity for detailing. So armed with a giant box of spare parts, lots of wire, and epoxy sculpt let's begin. First thing gone the wind up mechanism. Next the head and neck is removed and replaced with a "BIG" gun. I have done a lot dry fitting to get some ideas and where other details can be added. Thanks for stopping by more updates as things are done.

DSC07289~0.JPG

DSC07290~0.JPG

DSC07291~0.JPG

DSC07292~0.JPG

DSC07293~0.JPG

DSC07294.JPG

DSC07295~0.JPG

B)

You've got my attention! Would be a cool steampunk subject- hope that build idea comes about at some point!

Like it or not I'm still working on the walker. I have rebuilt the feet and continuing to add details.

DSC07426~0.JPG

DSC07428~0.JPG

DSC07429~0.JPG

DSC07430~0.JPG

DSC07431~0.JPG

B)

Back