• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M48A1 PATTON

MrT

Master at Arms
Staff member
I know I already have an entry, but I would like to shift gears and focus on this M48A1 Patton by Dragon. I have waited 40 years for this version of the M48 to be available. The M48A1 is the tank my Dad served as TC when I was a kid. So this is personal.

DSC04716.JPG

DSC04717.JPG

:salute

It is a nice kit, be careful as some M48A1 (depending on what point of their service life you're depicting) had the compensating idler removed. If you can use the decals from my kit, let me know as mine is a Spanish Sahara one for which I have the FC Modeltips decals.

Regards,

It is a nice kit, be careful as some M48A1 (depending on what point of their service life you're depicting) had the compensating idler removed. If you can use the decals from my kit, let me know as mine is a Spanish Sahara one for which I have the FC Modeltips decals.

Regards,

Thanks Saul!

Getting ready to crank this up. Here are some reference pictures. Finding pictures of an active M48A1 are hard to come by so if you guys of any more please post them here.

heecd328.jpg

h0288c7c.jpg

ha475be4.jpg

he1db0a0.jpg

h7c1d5d1.jpg

h5d87382.jpg

h82d162d.jpg

hae83bce.jpg

hc69eec4.jpg

h5c28e06.jpg

B)

Good choice Terry,

I love that tank! When I was in the army back in the stone age, that was our Main Battle Tank! Many experts say it could still hold it's own today!

(y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Bob

Back