• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M-60A1

MrT

Master at Arms
Staff member
I will try to do this Tamiya M60A1 tank.

h572f154.jpg

start up pictures later.

Some reference pictures.

h85b0f79.jpg

h4997263.jpg

hb0f38bc.jpg

h351c4b0.jpg

B)

Oh look, another tank... :soldier
:tomato :frantic :frantic

Looking forward to this.

So the sand color, what is it exactly?

Oh look, another tank... :soldier
:tomato :frantic :frantic

Looking forward to this.

So the sand color, what is it exactly?

Well the wingnuts better get busy. :rotf

As far as the color I don't know for sure. I know one thing on the real thing now days it is super hard with almost no chipping. It gets dirty, but no chips or scratches. Modeling something all beat up is not realistic for the modern paint. However the paint during Desert Storm is not that hard and you will see some pretty beat up stuff sometimes even though they were not in combat that long.

B)

I remember after this war there was a local guy who got the contract to repaint returning equipment. He wasn't stripping the yellow, just over spraying. For years I would pass the Guard unit and watch the stuff, I never saw it fade out or any chipping showing yellow. I guess the standards they have for paint is much more tough than the days they were mixing it with gas and applying with mops.

I'm almost positive the CARC sand color is the same as what they are using today. I asked for some help over at Armorama and then I did a comparison of all the different manufactures versions of the sand yellow back when I was painting my Paladin. My goto was always the Polly-Scale but my stocks seem to have sat for too long and are fighting me now. :angry:

Here is my comparison:

CARC_Sand.jpg

The colors I used:
Polly-S US Desert Storm Sand
Vallejo Desert Tan Base Surface Primer
AK122 US Modern Vehicles
Ammo by MIG FS33446 US Modern Vehicles
Life Color FS33594 Desert Storm Sand
Model Master SAND FS33531
Mr Color Yellow FS33531
XtraColor FS13531 Sand

and the link to the Armorama discussion: Link to Armorama Discussion

I made my own determination of what I plan to use. I'll let you decide for yourselves.

Hope this helps
Mike

A caveat.

Remember that the base kit for this newer release is still the old Tamiuya m-60 with the too high suspension. It's 3mm too high because when
tamiya measured the Museum one the engine was not in it.

Cheers

This would be my second one of these I've done. 3mm equals less than 1/8 of an inch .118 to be exact. I went through the excersise of lowering the M48 and no one noticed. Thanks for the info though.

:D

This would be my second one of these I've done. 3mm equals less than 1/8 of an inch .118 to be exact. I went through the excersise of lowering the M48 and no one noticed. Thanks for the info though.

:D

That's 4.375 inches in real life which is about the width of a hand.

the Tamiya M-48 doesn't NEED to be lowered.

Your model and your decision. Good luck and it'll be interesting to see this build take shape.

Cheers

Back