• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M-24 CHAFFEE "DONE"

MrT

Master at Arms
Staff member
I thought I had better get my dibs in so I will be trying to do a M-24...

h7bbcc8b.jpg

h80e8efa.jpg

h44bdcbe.jpg

h0c93e99.jpg

This will be an old school build. No Bronco kits here. I will post proper start up pictures later.

Some reference images....

h173ad0b.jpg

hef3f029.jpg

h1b537fc.jpg

h9fc3408.jpg

h8f83333.jpg

hdf1962e.jpg

he062caa.jpg

B)

M-24 CHAFFEE

Aw, such a cute little tank. :laugh:

But seeing it running on the public roads...I can certainly see advantages to it's small size in an urban conflict zone. Couldn't imagine a M-1Ax trying to fight inside typical european city.

M-24 CHAFFEE

Aw, such a cute little tank. :laugh:

But seeing it running on the public roads...I can certainly see advantages to it's small size in an urban conflict zone. Couldn't imagine a M-1Ax trying to fight inside typical european city.

The M-24 replaced the M-5 in the armored recon role. With the 75mm gun it had more punch than the M-5.

B)

M-24 CHAFFEE

Cool little beastie.
Does anyone make a 1\35 Telly Savalas to go with it? :D (looked for a bald emoji but evidently....)
Pete

M-24 CHAFFEE

Very nice Terry looking forward to what you do with this ... gonna be awesome I'm Thinking ... :soldier :popcorn

M-24 CHAFFEE

Ok let's get this show on the road.

DSC04528.JPG

DSC04529.JPG

Wheels and tracks....metal tracks.

DSC04530.JPG

DSC04532.JPG

DSC04533.JPG

First step to make this track a WW II Chaffee is to remove the dozier mounts on the front plate.

DSC04531.JPG

4799918952_e03ae1d79f_z.jpg

Off and running.

B)

M-24 CHAFFEE

Thanks Luiz!

Worked on the upper hull last night. I'm using the Verlinden update for this kit and it calls for the radiator grills to be replaced. So I got out the handy dandy scriber and cut them out.

DSC04534.JPG

DSC04535.JPG

Put in the resin replacement part.

DSC04536.JPG

Attached upper hull to the lower.

DSC04537.JPG

Attached the new grills.

DSC04538.JPG

Just another tank model, but thanks for looking.

DSC04539~0.JPG

B)

M-24 CHAFFEE

Hardly just another tank model Terry-- great work on the grills. Hoping to get started on painting the Sturmtiger today...

M-24 CHAFFEE

Hardly just another tank model Terry-- great work on the grills. Hoping to get started on painting the Sturmtiger today...

Well thank you Mike. Looking forward to paint.

B)

Back