• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Bn2t LOCOMOTIVE PROJECT

MrT

Master at Arms
Staff member
Ok I'm getting ready to start something new. I intend to scratch build a Freudenstein Bn2t narrow gauge locomotive.

h5a1e5ba.jpg

first built in 1904 they were used in the mining and other industrial areas. They may have been used to transport troops and supplies to the front during world war I as well. I have always wanted to build a locomotive and this one looks pretty cool, but with a simple configuration. I will be building in 1/25 scale. More on how this will done in a couple of weeks.

Terry B)

FREUDENSTEIN Bn2t LOCOMOTIVE

German army WWI narrow gauge RR.

h4a8a78d.jpg

ha575538.jpg

B)

why not 1/35 scale and make a carriage There has been quite a few ww1 german soldier models that has come out lately to populet a wagon :D

why not 1/35 scale and make a carriage There has been quite a few ww1 german soldier models that has come out lately to populet a wagon :D

Well the reason will become apparant soon, but at 1/25 I can get hardware like bolts and screws.

B)

I actually have a O scale engine just like that ... made by Fleishman ... if you need help with the details ... :train

Makes me think of some of those LGB locomotives :good:

This is a project I can follow . Love those old narrow gauge trains . So quirky (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Man those tracks are narrow. Did they have problems with load shifting or cars tipping over?

It can be anywhere from 1/43 -1/48 ... being true O Scale

Yeah that's right. Then G is around 1/25 hmmmmm?

Now your cooking on the front burner ... G scale is another fantasy scale true G is 1/20 (England) ... Bachmann trains are 1/29 some run all the way to 1/32 ... But 1/24-1/25 is about right as the scale is 1/2 inch = 1' .... The gauge is that they all run on the same track ... About 1 & 3/4" gauge.

Man those tracks are narrow. Did they have problems with load shifting or cars tipping over?

The boogies or trucks have outriggers on the pivot points to prevent tipping ... Although the East line and Red River NG that came to Greenville ... If the train got over 15 mph the passenger would say the RR was tempting providence ...

It can be anywhere from 1/43 -1/48 ... being true O Scale

Yeah that's right. Then G is around 1/25 hmmmmm?

Now your cooking on the front burner ... G scale is another fantasy scale true G is 1/20 (England) ... Bachmann trains are 1/29 some run all the way to 1/32 ... But 1/24-1/25 is about right as the scale is 1/4 inch = 1' .... The gauge is that they all run on the same track ... About 1 & 3/4" gauge.

So I should be able to use G-scale figures then.

:hmmm

Back