• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Mi-25 Peruvian Air Force in 1/72 - completed!

Flyingbabydoc

Hello all,

since the Little Kamov is almost ready it was time to enter this 10-year campaign. Even though I was not here for the whole of the 10-years I have learned things with you that would take me 10 x 10 years to learn. In this sense, a huge THANK YOU for all that directly or indirectly helped me so much.

To that effect I decided to build for this campaign what I like most: very detailed PE intensive aircraft. And two for that effect, which will allow me to hopefully build a nice Diorama at the end. Again I am sticking to South American motives since I find them a bit underrepresented.

The first one is "046", a Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-29 UB Trainer, which has been bought by Peru in the late 90's from Belarus. This aircraft belongs to the 611th Squadron ("fighting roosters") of the 6th Air Group based in Chiclayo. I am using a Trumpeter 1/72 with PE from Eduard and decals from Hi-Decal.

The second one is "061", a Mil-Mi 35P (Export Version of the Mi-24 P with the amazing 30mm gun) from the Air Squadron 211 (Attack Helicopter Squadron "Dragons of the Air") of the 2nd air Group based in Arequipa.

BTW, Peru is an amazing Country - well worth the visit!

The Mi-35 is a Zvezda Mi-24P with PE from Eduard (Lots of them!) and Decals from different sources.

I hope you like it. Here the Initial Pictures.

Thanks for looking in. Cheers,

Alex

h249273d.jpg

h45c9554.jpg

h62f6dbb.jpg

h64a0c14.jpg

h7f3276c.jpg

hf0760d8.jpg
:victory:

Last edited:
P.S. I am really sorry. I have tried everything but These damn converted HEIC files do not rotate. If anyone can help I'd appreciate. I am using the iMazing HEIC converter to turn them into JPEG.

Thanks!

Alex

:choppa

I fixed the photo orientation anyway. Note that the profile for the Peruvian Mi-25 is not correct.

Note that there is a high visibility scheme:
h45d067a.jpg

Above is FAP 696

h3582c35.jpg

hd444b2d.jpg

h5b1e8ba.jpg

h0142643.jpg

and a low visibility scheme:
hadb8660.jpg

hc5b30be.jpg

plus some videos...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeE83oOSwWc

https://vimeo.com/242382926

https://vimeo.com/231329524

https://vimeo.com/230883527

Moral, don't trust color profiles.

Regards,

Hi Saul,

Thank you so much for Fixing the Problem with the Images. Is there anything I am doing wrongly? Can I fix them myself?

Secondly, I really appreciate all your data and Information on the Mi-25 and 35 from the Peruvian Air Force. I would most certainly love to build the 35's with the low-visibility scheme but there are no decals available for that. I will change the colours accordingly. Any idea or source I can get the exact colour of These Mi-35Ps? ( I mean the exact shade of green?)

Thanks again I really appreciated it!

Cheers

Alex

I would most certainly love to build the 35's with the low-visibility scheme but there are no decals available for that. I will change the colours accordingly. Any idea or source I can get the exact colour of These Mi-35Ps? ( I mean the exact shade of green?)

Alex,

I don't have actual color chips for the Jungle scheme as I do for the desert scheme (I cut up some playing cards and dipped them into the paint jars). I can find out easy enough. No decals for the low visibility scheme that I am aware of but both FCM and Albatros offer the Mi-25 in desert scheme. For the Mi-35P, you will need to change the serial to the 600 series and use the greens instead of brown.

Now, to find the colors used for the greens.

Regards,

Hi Saul,

Thanks again. I think I got the right colours for those birds:

VVS Sand Beige (FS30075)
VVS Dark Green (FS34127)
VVS Färngrün (RAL 6025)

Or do you think I should go with a desert scheme?

Unfortunately Zotz decals are sold out. FCM does not have Mi-25 in the catalogue.

Muchas gracias amigo, y un buen final de semana para ustedes.

Cheers

Alex

Hello friends,

Sorry I haven't been very active here in a while. We are getting near to the Peak of the infection and work is piling up. Thankfully there aren't many children infected and the death rate in Germany is really low.

This is the Progress so far. I am working very slowly to see if I can manage to solve some of those pesky issues of flocky, untidy models.

Cheers everyone and stay safe!

Alex

hf3b2e2e.jpg

h8423729.jpg

hbf7155c.jpg

h6a6c873.jpg

hf7067e5.jpg

hf8cd889.jpg

h7b7b0ff.jpg

h65daf45.jpg

Looking really good there Alex!... :good:

Just remember to limit the use of stright primary colors to include straight black and white. For black use a dark gray and shift the color with a filter.
:v

Standard marking locations for Peruvian Hinds of all types and schemes:

Serial is under Peruvian flash on tail and rotor blades are in flag colors. Note the rotor warning color and it is Peligro

431e445660a2e6bf7febbfbca0e67c41.jpg

Note roundel in the starboard 'armpit':
1607-10.jpg

Serial on upper starboard wing (lower on port)
hbe2b339.jpg

You can barely make out the roundel on the shoulder of the port upper wing:
h8a7fac4.jpg

Serial on lower port wing is two digits between fuselage and inner pylon and third centered between the pylons:
hcd14d10.jpg

I hope this helps,

Standard marking locations for Peruvian Hinds of all types and schemes:

Serial is under Peruvian flash on tail and rotor blades are in flag colors. Note the rotor warning color and it is Peligro

431e445660a2e6bf7febbfbca0e67c41.jpg

Note roundel in the starboard 'armpit':
1607-10.jpg

Serial on upper starboard wing (lower on port)
hbe2b339.jpg

You can barely make out the roundel on the shoulder of the port upper wing:
h8a7fac4.jpg

Serial on lower port wing is two digits between fuselage and inner pylon and third centered between the pylons:
hcd14d10.jpg

I hope this helps,

hey Saul, that Peruvian version of the Hind is a neat camo scheme!!!

Hi Saul,

It helps immensely, thanks a lot. I will do the "695" in the "jungle colours". It has been just difficult to get the "peligro" sign for the rotor warning but I am working on that, worst case I will have to improvise from other spare decals. You wouldn't happen to have some in your stash, would you?

This is the work so far. I am using the maximal magnification to get the Details shown, when you think this is 1/72 I guess it is not that bad.

Cheers and thanks for looking,

Alex

h91fb899.jpg

hc8aeba2.jpg

h3a3836b.jpg

h3003ae7.jpg

h4be7cea.jpg

h1ad73f9.jpg

h40ad6e4.jpg

You mean in the engines right? They are so minimal that I could only see in the Pictures. They have been partially taken care of with fine sanding and liquid cement. Just Need to paint them again.

Cheers

Alex

P.S. Good luck with the new Website tomorrow! :geek

Hi There friends,

I am trying to reply for the first time. Let's see how it works.

This is the Progress of the assembly before the fine sanding and getting rid of most of the seam lines (at least I thought I had) and the the subsequent initial painting with a "sandy" Background. Such a nice interesting Project. I am enjoying it very much.

The Images:

IMG_3584.jpg
IMG_3590.jpg
IMG_3607.jpg
IMG_3608.jpg
IMG_3609.jpg
IMG_3610.jpg
IMG_3611.jpg
IMG_3612.jpg

Last edited:
Back