• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Max Immelmanns Mount

jknaus

Administrator
In the spirit of the build, making this a super build type idea I'll attempt Max Immelmanns Eindecker E.II
I have the special kit with a figure of Max, an Aviattic cowling, and Taurus Models Oberusel UI engine. Might be more am later.

h4fa37d7.JPG

h8d75845.JPG

h1850330.JPG

hd052f39.JPG

From Wikipedia
"Max Immelmann (21 September 1890 – 18 June 1916) PLM was the first German World War I flying ace.[1] He was a pioneer in fighter aviation and is often mistakenly credited with the first aerial victory using a synchronized gun, which was actually performed on 15 July 1915 by German ace Kurt Wintgens. He was the first aviator to win the Pour le Mérite (colloquially known as the "Blue Max" in his honor), and was awarded it at the same time as Oswald Boelcke. His name has become attached to a common flying tactic, the Immelmann turn, and remains a byword in aviation. He is credited with 15 aerial victories."
From Wikipedia
"The Fokker E.II was the second variant of the German Fokker Eindecker single-seat monoplane fighter aircraft of World War I. The E.II was essentially a Fokker E.I with the 75 kW (100 hp) Oberursel U.I 9-cylinder rotary engine, a close copy of the French Gnôme Monosoupape rotary of the same power output, in place of the E.I's 60 kW (80 hp) Oberursel U.0, but whereas the E.I was simply a M.5K with a 7.92 mm (.312 in) machine gun bolted to it, the E.II was designed with the weapon system integrated with its airframe. "
Wish me luck.
James

You go James, we'll go nuts together. :frantic
Honestly I'm thinking of building the engine last, leaving it off till the very end, even after rigging.

Back