• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CENTURION SHO'T KAL GIMEL, 1982

iambrb

Well, the mighty Centurion is the winner, hands down!

see my first "real" post as a reply bee-low, and thanks to all for your participation/voting!

Ok so for this one I am truly torn between these two.

ha4d7934.jpeg

Anyone have a preference???

WHICH ONE???

That is a Toughie :hmmm
I would say the Shot Kal...but then again that Merkava is a nice kit.
...Good Luck
:v

WHICH ONE???

ok, so here are the pics to show I have not started this yet! Note, the pink (ROSE, ahem...) phone belongs to the wife!

hc63c210.jpg

h48e5ea8.jpg

Not really starting this yet, will likely do some as the week rolls on! I think I am going to stick with the "band" type tracks, but planning to go all out to make this girl look like the weathered soldier she was by the time of the '82 Lebanon invasion (Operation Peace for Galilee, I think it was called)

CENTURION SHOT 'AL GIMEL, 1982

Mikey, I have been reading alot on the period running from end of WW1 thru modern-day that formed (and continue to form) the modern Israel. One of the best bookd BY FAR is "Never Ending Conflict" by Mordechai Bar-Chon. It details all the uprisings, minor and major, using 1936 as the real starting point for actual violence (though the British Accords in 1917 Parliament are covered).

SO I am REALLY liking the tank you see at 1:50 in the attached video that I had earlier posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a-jRnMUMnI

really makes me think, "what happened to that other half of the mine-roller?" And "Can I get a 'still' pic of that vehicle?" (maybe someone here can help?)

Anyway, as looking at weathered Centurions and Centurions encumbered with stowage + weathering, and found these, hope I do the model justice:

h2288696.jpeg

hc43746d.jpg

he525ef6.jpg

hd41fb34.jpg

h2b73fad.jpg

SO I am REALLY liking the tank you see at 1:50 in the attached video that I had earlier posted:

really makes me think, "what happened to that other half of the mine-roller?" And "Can I get a 'still' pic of that vehicle?" (maybe someone here can help?)

Bruce - you might go ask at Armorama if anyone has any photos of that particular tank. There are guys over there with amazing photo collections!

Mike

Good choice should be a kool build. I totally agree with that time hack 1:50 Shot Kal is an excellent subject. I also really like the one sitting in a field of sunflowers. I think you should combine the two...now that would really be Kool!! :coolio

Good choice should be a kool build. I totally agree with that time hack 1:50 Shot Kal is an excellent subject. I also really like the one sitting in a field of sunflowers. I think you should combine the two...now that would really be Kool!! :coolio

Eric u have a knack for this!

The one in the flowers is from a not-very-good Israeli movie,,,, but that is an awfully good idea.....

Bruce - you might go ask at Armorama if anyone has any photos of that particular tank. There are guys over there with amazing photo collections!

Mike

Skinny Mike - thanks for that info! I will do that very thing!!

So if you go with the Shot Kal(meaning "Whip" in Hebrew...that's kinda of kool) with the one mine roller you'll need a kit for that.....Say "Thank You Mr. Miniart" B)

h643f896.jpg

Now you'll still need the mounting plate that sits on the front of the tank and as luck would have it legend productions makes one... :dance

hd68b588.jpg

The source to get one...Evilbay. That being said I have done business with this guy and he is excellent, though a bit pricey. BTW he also has a nice stowage set for the Sho't Kal.

And lastly here are a couple of shots I found while doing the research for this post...
h206bee5.jpg

h866ae60.jpg

Have fun!!

Hey thanks man! I am very torn between the mine roller and the sunflowers. there are several markers of 1/35 sunflowers, who knew? They ain't cheap and that cost would be about da' same as the moneroller, so we will see

WHICH ONE???

Ok so the part started today!!!!

So since this is going "all out", I am gonna do so by making this into a full blown vinette!

I am inspired by the pic of the tank in a field of sunflowers:
hc43746d.jpg

Plus I think I am going to add a Mine roller to the front. All in due time, of course! So got started and was quite surprised to see actual springs used in the suspension to make it articulate!

h41329fe.jpg

And here we are about 4 hours in. The multi=piece upper hull has a though fir, I would rate the build so far as 'hard', but it is still doable and the detail is really impressive, this being my first ever AFV kit

h81899ae.jpg

So that was it for Saturday, hope to get some more work in tomorrow!

On 11/3 I published a pic showing it as not started if I would have started it since, I would have. Heckuva a lot more work done on it. :idonno

However I offer my sincere apology for not having posted a 2nd pic showing it as not started

Back