• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Making Headphones

Dave Diaz

Hello everyone!

In this article I will show an easy way to make headphones.

Dave's Trick # 5

Making Headphones

The materials needed are:
- 1/8” evergreen styrene hollow tube
- 0.08” styrene rod
- 0.010” plastic sheet
- 0.005” brass sheet
- Some fine copper wire.

Some helpful tools:
- Metal bending pliers
- Cutting tool

1-1.jpg

First, using “the chopper” to maintain dimension consistency I cut two 0.5mm discs out of the hollow tube to create two rings.

2-2.jpg

Then using the same method cut two 0.5mm discs out of the styrene rod. Here are the parts laid out.

3-2.jpg

Now glue the small discs on top of the larger rings. I used fine sand paper to slightly round off the edges.

4-2.jpg

Now, using a knife make a grove along the diameter of the small disc. This will serve to place the wire.

5-2.jpg

Next, cut a 1mm wide by 1.3mm long strip of brass.

6-1.jpg

Using a pair of metal bending pliers y gave it the half circle shape.

7-1.jpg

Here are the parts.

8-1.jpg

Then, glue the speaker parts to the brass and using small pieces of styrene add some details, and you are done!

9-1.jpg

Until next time! :thumb:
Thanks for reading.

Dave

Way way cool. I'll do that tomorrow after the hubbub dies down and to escape kitchen duty.
James

Dave,

You just have shown me a good method to produce headphones for my Aussie Centurion in Vietnam! I was looking for a proper way to reproduce these.

Thanks,

Piotr

Awesome!
I, too, have a figure that requires a set of headphones. He's the only one of four that did not come equipped.
Thanks,
Randy

DAVE,

Great ! I often wondered how I could make these. I will try this on some upcoming Panzer Commanders I have in th pipeline !! Thanx again !!

ERIK

This thread just keeps coming up to the top so I figured to make it a sticky.

Hey Dave, what's the deal with those pliers, they are cool, any idea where to get them from?

MOOONIE,

Those pliers are cool , but Small Shop makes a P.E. rolling set. I got mine from Sprue Brothers & It comes with wood dowels & steel Dowels & a milled Aluminum block with rounded troughs in it

Check it out here - http://store.spruebrothers.com/small-shop-standard-photo-etch-rolling-set-p21128.aspx & while it currently shows that It's outta stock , If you click th Notify me text I guarantee that you'll get a notice with in th week telling you that they have one in Stock !!
I love The Sprue Brothers !! They are Good People !

just My $.02 :D

ERIK

Preachin' to the choir bother! Next week, think that's about the time I'll have a sprue bro order ready, also some other stuff will be ordered to restock the stock. Small Hardware is another.

Yeah , It's hard to beat those guys , for th simple fact of th Real Time Inventory( and why doesn't every one use this ) ... but you already know that ! (y)

Rock-On brotha' !

We could use a "Preachin' to th Choir" emo-con ? :angle or We could use this one ! :D

ERIK

moon puppy wrote:
This thread just keeps coming up to the top so I figured to make it a sticky.

Hey Dave, what's the deal with those pliers, they are cool, any idea where to get them from?

Try a jewelry making store, or craft store like micheals. I got mine when I bought my wife some jewelry making tools.
James

James there is a Jewelry craft store near my apt that sells pliers like that, i was suprized how cheap some things are there. OT I'm glad I looked here- that is one NICE trick with those headphones! I'm making a pair myself for a WIP. Thanks CR

Back