• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Step to step making banana trees.

num2010

Hi all here, as I promise in the forum "Who will survive-Diorama category".

First of all, apologize in case if I may make you guys confuse from what I wrote because English is not my mother language.

I will explain the way to make banana tree in my style, it's not difficult to make. You guys can make it and put on your dio projects as you wish.

The apparatus I use here.
1. Handcraft cray, you can also use colored one
2. Baby oil, this using when rub the clay
3. Scissors, green wire
4. Wood rod (I'm not sure in English word but you can find from picture I took), glue (special grade one), wire cutting plier, anything to put finish leaf.

Then, let's starting to make it by your own...ENJOY !!!!!

Feel free to comment....Thank you

Hey Num, that’s fantastic! :woohoo: I’m doing a dio for the “Charlie don’t surf” build so I will definitely give this a go. Thanks heaps!

Hey guys, one more thing that I forgot to tell you.

When you press the handcraft clay, rub it make more in thin layer....

Don't forget to using Plastic sheet (or a transperency, for film one) to put under the clay.

Then take a bit baby oil on the plastic sheet to prevent the clay stick on the plastic sheet.

The plastic sheet can help better clay serface after we've done it.

P.S. In case if somebody confuse about the explanation above, don't hesitate to tell me bacause sometimes, it's difficult for me to explain in English...

Cheers !!!

Dario,

I think so to apply this technique making the palm tree but I think may a bit difficult more rather than banana tree. I didn't have a chance to try it yet.

I wonder when making more longer leaf when crafting the clay...

Dario, will you wanna try this? Very appreciate if you will share us when you've done on it, please.

Thank you.

I'm also used clay built Tropical fruits as well, size only similar as a dollar coin each basket. Do you wanna taste them all? ;)

;)

That fruit is amazing. And each bowl is the size of a dollar coin? You guys must have really big pockets :laugh:
Absolutely amazing.

James

Num,
That's some really good work. I've only been on this site for about ten minutes and already have a new technique for the old toolbox.

I build alot of Vietnam dioramas and figure vignettes and I'll have to incorporate some bannana trees using this technique in a few of them. I never thought of using modeling clay to form the leaves. It seems to be easier to shape and work with than trying to create the leaves with paper.

Thanks for sharing this technique!

The fruit looks quite impressive as well.

James

Thanks a lot for all your messages...especially James (Both jknaus and JamesOLeary)...grad that you love it..

I also made the presentation
- tips to make water by resin"
- How to make fish nichikigoi fish - carp fish which I used in "The way of Samurai"
- How to engraving the ground which I use in "Who will survive"

Again, if you wanna see it, please give me a vote...LOL...

P.S. Shawn had ever vote for "banana tree" from another topic...LOL..

Num,
I want to see it all... :D :D ;) :hmmm
How you did the fruit, baskets,water, fish, engraved ground...
:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy
I'm sure everyone will enjoy a "How to" on all of it. (y)
Shawn

Shawn, thanks for your visit and wanna see more.
Unfortunately, I have only finished ones, I didn't take any picture while I craft them. Sorry.

Basket: It's easy to find in Thailand. I bought form weekend market @ BKK (Jatujak Weekend market), here there are plenty tiny craft food for gift.

I will post for the technique to make water, fish, engraved in each separate topic forum.

P.S. I just wanna show Thai sweet dessert here LOL. :laugh:

:laugh:

Great work love the banana's will try to make one soon, the fruit in the baskets are near perfect.

Gatto.

it's from 2½ years ago so probably he moved or deleted the pics.
To bad it would be nice to see it, best to upload to the forums own gallery then they stay :)
//Mats

Back