• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Liquid chrome

Bagge

Tips for the ones building shiny things :) also good for inside of headlights and mirrors (really great and it is like a mirror!)

Read about these and decided to order one marker (1mm) and the 30ml refill bottle (to use in the airbrush)

hbc34ff6.jpg

Tried it on my Navy Jeep, and it was easy with the marker to paint the headlights and the mirror.

hb6eee19.JPG

hfc2922e.JPG

And you maybe wanna see the whole Jeep :)

hbcce54c.JPG

Designed and had those decals laserprinted on thin decalpaper :)

Greetings Mats

Shot the refill chrome with my airbrush, direct from the bottle no primer just bare plastic...

h95b02ab.JPG

Nice to be able to glue the bumper assembly first and then paint it as a unit (y)

h4304c56.JPG

:geek

Very cool.

Based on your thread, I looked into it further and it seems to be widely respected. I grabbed the MSDS and it appears to be alcohol based although it has a non-toxic label. Reviews mention it is water based which would make a good chrome paint ground breaking.

No one spills the beans on cleaning the AB though, what did you use?

I'd jump on the refill if I can clean the AB with alcohol like Tamiya (or water). Otherwise I'll just grab a few pens when they get back in stock.

I cleaned it with alcohol, it was a little work (not that it was stuck hard it was just to get all the metal flakes out) but it is like all metallic paints i guess (alclad and such) only thing is that you can't touch it for a long time, but that goes for other paints too

I cleaned it with alcohol, it was a little work (not that it was stuck hard it was just to get all the metal flakes out) but it is like all metallic paints i guess (alclad and such) only thing is that you can't touch it for a long time, but that goes for other paints too

Thanks.

Yeah, not touching it was a widely remarked issue, in some cases up to two weeks with heavy applicationsNot that big of a deal considering theres much less involved to get good results and you don't have to deal with lacquers thinners.

It doesn't take a clear coat well apparently.

Can't handle it for a long time? DON'T buy any, Bob!!! You'd be headed for heartache for sure! :D

I saw the pens on another site and ordered a couple from Amazon. My first use was on the chrome portion of landing gear struts and I was most impressed. The 1mm tip size was perfect for this and it went on easy and covered well and it looks like chrome ! I would think these would be great for doing the chrome parts on cars and trucks. You will see them on the next build I post so no photos here.

Tried a testpiece now that i painted together with the bumpers, you can touch it and handle it good not just to rough, then it gets matt, but normal handling with no greasy fingers ok :gogo

After that i shot a clear ontop :pinch: Then you have a normal silver! so that's a NO,NO :smack

Greetings
Mats

It is not a paint you need to buff. Excellent for trim, rear view mirrors, oleo struts...etc. It is a water/alcohol based paint/ink so solvent based clear coat may have dulling effect on it.

DSC06316-1.jpg

B)

I like it and i don't see any reason for putting a clear ontop so no problem, just wanted to see what happened :)
And Nice Gundam Mr.T!! (y)

Back