• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

TigerCon 2018. Anybody going?

The day began a 0515, 2 November 2018. Up early. I sold another 1/700 TLAR Models USCG Point class set and shipped them right away! I am not a smart Man, but I know what customer service is...........
Don wanted us to wear our TW&T Liquor Store Nassau, BWI shirts, so WE DID!

Per usual, do not consider this a complete report. I just took pictures of models that interested me.
I took several pictures of Terry Barlow's Dad's 1/35 M-48 with the 4 foo-gas bombs on the back, but none of them were any good. The O.D. green wasn't quite right anyways. :rotf

h4d1d5a4.JPG

Then again..........................

h3f3e299.JPG

h7953134.JPG

Mike Ruiz' Lonestar International Tractor. You can always tell a Mike Ruiz finish!

h2a220aa.JPG

Motor-scooters!
h544daf8.JPG

h9b6bfb3.JPG

h3281a87.JPG

hee7af99.JPG

Models on display. I have a great fondness for the KT with the charging knight on the Turret. Red or blue, I like 'em!

hda7316d.JPG

Figures! Entitled "Last Stand". I know the blue Wolf lady isn't Sioux. I would have like to have seen Her posed in the line of fire of the 7th Cavalry nonetheless! :rotf

h0c45acd.JPG

h62d157f.JPG

Entitled "Jonny Reb" Truly amazing!
h2075880.JPG

hd794726.JPG

h35f77c5.JPG

h07479bf.JPG

h693f86c.JPG

I know they're silly. The build into a fun little model and I like egg-planes!

haa359ac.JPG

h305a0e5.JPG

Do all D.A.K. tankers have black eyes?
h6d794f7.JPG

More Armor entries.

h188575a.JPG

George Stevens and Armor-Yoda Jeff Holle in action!

h27356b5.JPG

hc235176.JPG

he36cf2f.JPG

h0d49d46.JPG

hb65f5bd.JPG

h7b86c13.JPG

Flying Thingies! The old S-3A Viking (Hoover) is dear to my heart! The only Jet in the battle group that cares little for wind direction.

h92d65fc.JPG

Awards.
h358fbbd.JPG

For no other reason than this, TigerCon was very endearing! Sorry, I didn't clean up my mess. OOPS!

How does one make a mess with coffee? Align empty cup under pot and pour. Anything else is heresy. :java

haec4863.JPG

hc90b23f.JPG

Don "Clean Sweep" Barry won for both his "Time Off" FlaK Diorama and his huge 88mm twin AA panzer.

h3c1c4ea.JPG

h53efb7f.JPG

Recognize Joachim Lotz? Chris Searing?

hc5e8e14.JPG

Chris Rhiner? I was awarded a 3rd place for TLAR Models 1/350 USCGC Point Welcome 82-Foot cutter. I was thrilled!

h0ffc8ee_2018-11-06.JPG

h9d84ff7.JPG

My 1/72 Esci Sopwith Madden Camel from "The Great Waldo Pepper" retires with honors after a First Place award here at TigerCon 2018.

h7c7a74e.JPG

We made it all the way to Trenton, MO before I chose to make repairs to my Sweetheart's Buggy. LR disc brake pads VANISHED! God alone knows why, in just over 4,000 miles! I fault myself for not making repairs sooner.
My Mission, My Crew. My responsibility.
We did RTB without mishap, without further damage or casualty, in the "Hy-Vee produce section" rain, only to find Don's RF tire flat. BFA!!
No Deer were struck. Several were sighted.

As an overview from my first TigerCon; A tidy, Local IPMS show. 8-Hour round trip is not for the faint of Heart!
Raffle was less than impressive. Judging along lines of what you might expect from a bigger, local IPMS show. The hospitality was sweeter than larger shows in KC, or St. Louis. Parking is plentiful. Lighting is less than amazing. The Hickman High School venue is generous, if a bit chilly.
Enthusiastic Vendors ply their polystyrene classic wares, at very attractive prices.
I do enjoy shopping with The Tool Guy!
I was humbled by the awards given. My Sweetheart had a fine time, but was disappointed by a lack of sailing ships. (Her favorites!)
There you are! Thanks for squandering your time with my rambling on!!

Back