• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Armorcon 2018 Danbury, CT

Jeeves

Got to take a day off and come in for the whole weekend...lots of great models. This is the report from day 1...got to spend the day judging for the first time- learned a lot!! Also got to hang with the AMPS Vermont crew- Chris Graeter, Dan and Tim Rothenburger, and Dave McKenney...great bunch of guys and a great dinner at Rosie's...although the Octoberfest waitresses we're not in attendance...justots of waiters.

and now for some models...first figures.
habebaaf.jpg

h6f28e10.jpg

hcb2afa5.jpg

h3a8dad4.jpg

More....

hfe0ba9b.jpg

haef36e4.jpg

h7e87ef3.jpg

hd8b58b0.jpg

h6f1af9f.jpg

h73bf31b.jpg

hc59adf1.jpg

Here's my vote for best of show...right down to the saw crosscuts on the logs...

h3171662.jpg

h7190504.jpg

More to come today...I entered my Bosnian AMX-30, the FT-17 vignette, and the Ghosts in the Desert piece-....

Good report Mike, try to get the pictures more even with the subject instead of top down.

Had to google the M9 ACE, could use one around the house. :soldier

Yeah the table placement is a little wonky but I'll try. The M9 is Chris Graeter's piece....

Thanks for the photos Mike.

You did have 2 WTF photos that I wish I could tell what they were. One was a Brit jeep that had chopper blades (autogyro?) but no go prop and the other looked like the green front end of a submarine.

Thanks for the photos Mike.

You did have 2 WTF photos that I wish I could tell what they were. One was a Brit jeep that had chopper blades (autogyro?) but no go prop and the other looked like the green front end of a submarine.
The Brits tried to mate an autogyro with a jeep. Didnt work well.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hafner_Rotabuggy
Got me on the armoured car. Looks like one of the experimentals that came out between the wars.

Ok...got back late last night and woke up early to help the Mrs build a shelter for the horses...so here's the second day update a day late. Sadly I was judging for a good part of the day so I missed some...but here goes.

h473206c.jpg

h1b09ede.jpg

hcbca8b1.jpg

h5db6710.jpg

h751a51f.jpg

hbc9c001.jpg

h752e04c.jpg

hb00a550.jpg

h300ce32.jpg

h4ee6bef.jpg

That's about it....my three pieces earned two bronzes and a silver...but I learned loads by judging so I can hopefully improve.

Did pretty well on building the stash ;) Gene was there as one of the vendors- met him through Saul back in 2011 in Fredericksburg and did my best to make him rich ;)

h2177519.jpg

hd539a5f.jpg

h14085f4.jpg

h3f1655f.jpg

hb118b55.jpg

Won the rest in the raffle....

h73abb51.jpg

Back