• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Mad City Modeler's 23rd Annual model show

Rhino

Super Moderator
3 March 2018
How many of or Merry Band will attend I wunda?
https://calendar.ipmsusa3.org/event/mad-city-modelers-23nd-annual-model-show

I assure you, Don & I will enjoy ourselves most completely!
I do love a Car-ride, and work is really slow right now.
No good reason not to take a friend and goof off upon our proud Nation's highways & by-ways!

And we're off again . :good: If you find that non existing plane, I want to see evidence :rotf

Have fun . Cheers, Christian B)

I have Master Tiki's list. Don & I are going up Friday in the daylight. Grandson Dane will be unable to attend. :(
My Boss has asked me to smuggle some Spotted Cow cream ale home for him.

I will take pictures for my M/A brethren to help them be part of the fun. :salute

My telling of the story began Friday, 2 March in the sweet morning sunshine!
hbf28581.JPG

I picked up my favored Surgeon/model show trip navigator and throttled up towards Madison.
hbada252.JPG

Lunch was at a traditional Pizza Ranch in Marion. For myself, I was likely the youngest diner there!
h3b9b6ed.JPG

h4378640.JPG

Wisconsin Hiway 61 is one of my favorite hunks of road. Plummeting down hills, slashing through limestone bluffs and zorching into sweeping corners keeps a steely-eyed & deadly command pilot on his toes!

h131ec86.JPG

Arrived in Madison just before dark. Time to get supplies, test the bed and relax! It was a PERFECT day for a car ride!

he08ecdb.JPG

We even managed some minor smuggling for my Beer Connoissuer employer! :drinks

h403db2a.JPG

Arrived at the venue after a hearty breakfast, around 1000. Just about perfect time to register & buy raffle tickets!
I'll apologize for some of the pictures. The west wall of the venue is a a series of winders. I had to cut the dickens out of some photos because of the bright Wisconsin sunshine.
On to the Models! :yipee

Dioramas first!
h10165b6.JPG

Arnhem. Shading on the faces seemed a mite heavy to me.
h1b83619.JPG

h8bf5ffa.JPG

One less. These figures were awesome! Nice job on the Sherman too!
h1eaa096.JPG

Lookee what we found! Kharkov style? A variation on The Creature from the Black Lagoon? :hmmm

he65429c.JPG

A reverent El Alamien scene. You don't see the ol' Crusader III everyday.

h257d2a8.JPG

Ivan in Winter. Soviet 1/35 soldiers are TOUGH! Not one pair of gloves in this chilly portrayal!

hbf6c611.JPG

h7973c95.JPG

This Wehrmacht bridge was in it's plexiglas case. I did my best with my tricky phone's camera.

h08200b4.JPG

Another Winter scene. Lots going on here! Perhaps US model soldiers are just as tough as their Russian brethren!

h7279555.JPG

h9f82ac6.JPG

h3720775.JPG

Brummbar-go-round! This clever Modeler mounted his dio on a turntable!! Plenty of action and story to show here! :good:

h45601a8.JPG

RAF Lancaster. Jolly GOOD, that!

thFigures & stuff! :soldier

hbee4910.JPG

"None shall Pass!"

h98a6aeb.JPG

Otto Carrius? He was just a little Dude.

hcc9f237.JPG

Divine Wind. Truly impressive! :dude

hc1e3a90.JPG

9th U-boat flotilla's Laughing Swordfisch?

h31d1e4f.JPG

Joachim Lotz.

hfcd9fab.JPG

Dreams I'll never see. Just magnificent! :notworthy

h6fcb4a6.JPG

Daddy's Little Monster.

haa8f910.JPG

Ent Wife. He Husband's name is Woody.

h87ac487.JPG

Sogai!

h6e8ccb1.JPG

h82b81c7.JPG

I'm not sure what this is, but I liked it, and I smiled because it was cute!
h8c0f005.JPG

"I'll get you My Pretty!"

he4e4517.JPG

Tank Girl. Not Lori Petty. Still very nice!

h33cb005.JPG

A pair of Mad City judges hard at work. The harsh northern climate must inspire a lot of awesome models.
I do NOT envy these Men their task this day!

haddff94.JPG

This looks like the work of Enzo Lee to me. It draws your eye, makes you stop, and concentrate!

hee2df7a.JPG

So Doctor Smith, who are you going to get to do your dirty work NOW?!

Anchors aweigh! Ships & Submarines!

he4ce175_2018-03-04.JPG

h7e3361c_2018-03-04.JPG

"Ngung Lai!" Mark Karolus' rendition of TLAR Models 1/700 Navy PG. USS Canon PG-99 with scratch built sampans.
A 2nd place winner. :ro:
I'm not sure who was more proud. Mark or myself!

h45974a4.JPG

Mark's 1/700 Hasegawa Mikasa of Port Arthur fame. If this model is dropped, only the masts are damaged. :facepalm

hf3bd6fc.JPG

Richard Sliwka is in The House! Blue Ridge models 1/700 USS Wolverine US Navy training carrier.
h6503059.JPG

USS Miami
hd286806.JPG

hd3b89a8.JPG

hee07481.JPG

More of Captain Sliwka's fine vessels! 1/350 French cruiser submarine Surcouf is making Her debut. Sacre' Bleu!

h14527f3.JPG

"Close call for USS Essex" Italeri's World of Warships 1/700 scale carrier model!
Look close, you can just make out the F4U chasing the flaming Zero! :salute

h812d94e.JPG

1/350 USS Nimitz CVN-68. Lots of intricacies. All of them visible to the human eye!

h4ed2b66.JPG

I think this is a Royal Navy X-1 Submarine. Jolly Good!

h3a1dcf4.JPG

Placed in "Miscellaneous" IJN Egg-Haruna and Egg-Kagi pass on reciprocal courses.

h844b17a_2018-03-04.JPG

hd7dee30.JPG

Then, just for the fun of it!

Back