• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

USS Lexington

Iron Mike

Master At Arms And Resident Curmudgeon
Oh ship! Who's building a SHIP!!?? This build will complete my career grand slam, I've built planes, cars, bikes, sci-fi, figures and even a peach! So it's time to hit the bounding main and finish the quest. A certain you-know-who has been pesterin' me fo many days, mon, so here goes!

h981d23d.JPG

hb4e4e30.JPG

Not a big parts count, but there's a lot of it that be plenty tiny.

h3fcd538.JPG

h3918522.JPG

I did drill out the guns and some of the portholes. :gogo

h0b4a574.JPG

A squirt of Tamiya primer.

h66e17b0.JPG

h16a99f1.JPG

hced7a15.JPG

h7565e91.JPG

h667287e.JPG

Almost ready for paint, stand by!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aQRq9hhekA

:drinks

A belated thank you is in order, I have been sidetracked with other projects. :blush: Getting back to the Lex before I lose any parts. :laugh:

Various shades of Tamiya grays, hull red hull. Hull yeah! :eek:hyeah

h7f1ba9b.JPG

I masked off the deck stripes, then sprayed Tamiya Lemon Yellow mixed with a dab of Deck Tan.

he6d530f.JPG

hd2fb3c7.JPG

The rest goes together pretty fast.

h57e3777.JPG

h651f2fb.JPG

h310b439.JPG

She's wearing a coat of Tamiya clear now, waiting on the washes and weathering. Stay tuned, there's a whole lot more to come. Couldn't possibly take more'n a few months. :rotf

Thanks for coming by!

Are you and Chris about to engage in a game of battleship :rotf

Watching with interest :woohoo:

Cheers, Christian B)

IJN Akagi & USS Lexington never did face one another in battle. In Another World, perhaps. Hmm...
Lexington's 8-inch guns would have made short work of Akagi.
Loving the Tamiya hull red! just brown enough to be not too red!
Bravo Zulu, Tiki! :good:
:salute
:skipper

IJN Akagi & USS Lexington never did face one another in battle. In Another World, perhaps. Hmm...
Lexington's 8-inch guns would have made short work of Akagi.
Loving the Tamiya hull red! just brown enough to be not too red!
Bravo Zulu, Tiki! :good:
:salute
:skipper

Well it would only be plastic shells anyway .... :skipper

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks guys! I've been piddling with it in between projects, the weathering looks better in person, but not my cup o' hemlock however. It is a toon after all. :laugh:

Deck washed with Mig Dark Wash and partially cleaned off.

hfc7295a.JPG

hc5f8f73.JPG

Bitsy planes.

h6d9b3f1.JPG

hba6e2b2.JPG

hda1dd84.JPG

The kit has folded wing options for some of the aircraft that were fixed wing? Anything is possible in Toon Town, but I didn't go there. :rotf Rhino says my air wing is not gray enough, but this stuff is too small for me to hit it again.

h8164aeb.JPG

h7689e0c.JPG

h950e242.JPG

h4747ec5.JPG

hf325e13.JPG

The aircraft canopies are painted with AK139 Aluminum Chipping color with a layer of Tamiya Smoke over them. Calling this done, time to shove off. Carrier sighted, sank same. :drunk

Thanks for coming by.

Looking pretty darn good for a thread head Mike (y)

Can't listen to everything Rhino says... He'll drag you to the deep end of the swamp :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

Back