• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Mogami Heavy Cruiser

135engineer

The Mogami has been on my hit list for quite some time. With so many other projects nearing completion casting buildings and bases for several of them waiting for parts to dry as well as paint........ Now is the perfect time to work on this beautiful cruiser.

hb5da49b.JPG

h2eff5db.JPG

A little reference that I found thanks to the web......

hd68f8d2.jpg

h9e78972.jpg

h5116b59.jpg

h9913f9c.jpg

They were very sleek looking designs. What was the point of the very stylish funnel sloping?

It was actually multiple ports funneled into one to conserve deck space. Besides if Im gona build a hole in the water might as well build a sexy one

The Mogami has been on my hit list for quite some time. With so many other projects nearing completion casting buildings and bases for several of them waiting for parts to dry as well as paint........ Now is the perfect time to work on this beautiful cruiser.

hd68f8d2.jpg

Woohoo, look at all those Petes and Jakes!

This should be good!!!!

:popcorn

Looking forward to this. I have a waterline Mogami in my collection that I built as a kid. I'll be watching this to see how it's supposed to look! LOL! :blink :D

Nice one, you've got My attention, somebody turn on the lights, this guy likes the dark side, I thought, :popcorn :popcorn :popcorn

hd68f8d2.jpg

Woohoo, look at all those Petes and Jakes!

This should be good!!!!

:popcorn
Wow what a stunning picture

thanks Guys. Duke your a good builder give yourself some credit. yes its the dirt side that I usually like. This one just got my attention. Honestly all joking aside I will build anything. Cars tanks boats planes figures sci fi. Scratch build it dosent matter. Just build .......but I always come back to the dirt side

Thanks Gerry. Sometimes I get on a mission. For a long time I built professionally for collectors and a few museums. So building fast is a issue sometimes. I generally don't try to build that fast anymore . Sometimes its hard to slow down. Just think I haven't posted any of the respesol motorcycle pics im working on too

Thanks Gerry. Sometimes I get on a mission. For a long time I built professionally for collectors and a few museums. So building fast is a issue sometimes. I generally don't try to build that fast anymore . Sometimes its hard to slow down. Just think I haven't posted any of the respesol motorcycle pics im working on too

Nope, not that I've seen Here or there, I've only seen your dirt work, and it was fast, but I see you like to play on the sea. So many modelers out there get stuck on one genre, when switching up really shows your skills, I'm along for the ride, maybe I'll pick up a pointer or two. :captain :salute (y)

lets hope we all pick up some new tricks. I learn from masters and newbies alike. I don't discount anyone. I love the hobby. Ive picked up stuff from watching your builds. Ian and luiz are two more that I like to keep an eye on. They are like so many people on here they are good builders and have developed styles that lend new tech to an old hobby.
Oh and thank you for the kind words. Also I like to play in the air as well. Its just fun to give the flyboys a hard time. I have a 1/32 spitfire IXc that is slated for the bench soon

Overall this one is about 20inches long Ed . So you figure the 700 scale will still be a impressive build. Break it out and build along brother. All in all it should turn out to be a pretty hole in the water. :skipper

Back