• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/700 Asheville Class Patrol Gunboat

Rhino

Super Moderator
Asheville Class Patrol Gunboat. 1/700 scale. I'm still stuck in Teeny Gear!
Moderators, will this count? Might be a first ribbon, if so! :skipper

IMG_4035.JPG

I've always been interested in a 1/700 USS Defiance, Remember the cool, old, 1/130 (?) revell kit? In any case, I found the 1/700 scale, waterline, resin, model, from Dave Gregory @ PT Dockyards. The price is VERY reasonable. The service is GOOD! She needs a wee bit of massaging, but should make a fine lil' PG! Watch & see!! :bang head :drinks :drunk
IMG_4035.JPG

1975 Med criuse pictures show 2 prominent exhaust stacks for the diesel engines. The big stack in the middle is the exhaust for the GE Turbine, that powered Asheville's up 40 knots, for short distances. I smushed some brass tube, and did a bit of cordless dremel surgery. They look more like jet tailpipes. I may reconfigure

OOPS! :tomato
IMG_4036.JPG

Hey! It's been a while since I posted much of anything! :stinker

This what I'm hoping for, only dinkier!!
PG-95pix_1_281000x80529.jpg

Don't you razz MY Phone! It still makes & receives phone calls, and sends the fragmented Text! (really slowly). :eek:ldguy

I tinkered with the sheer line of the hull, and added my oversized diesel exhausts. (which are incorrect! :idonno )
And decided to womp up an RTV Mold, so I could replicate the corrected Hull. :bang head
Anyone wanna see how I make my RTV Molds & Resin cast copies? :drinks

That thing could never cross the Nile river. I don't care what side the mummies are on . :rotf

:popcorn Cheers, Christian B)

I tinkered with the sheer line of the hull, and added my oversized diesel exhausts. (which are incorrect! :idonno )
And decided to womp up an RTV Mold, so I could replicate the corrected Hull. :bang head
Anyone wanna see how I make my RTV Molds & Resin cast copies? :drinks

That'll be interesting to see.... :hmmm :hmmm

K! I put the RTV Mold/ Resin Casting tutorial in Sprue U! :drinks
Happy Model Day!! :skipper

Thanks Rhino! I may not do anything like that for awhile, but I love learning new things so I'll be checking it out and reading it closely.

Back