• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M51 Isherman.

135engineer

here we go . I am making my sacrifice to both the Sherman gods and the model gods with this one.

he8c7b18.JPG

hb1f85ae.JPG

h416f1c1.JPG

h15f457c.JPG

It has ds tracks also. The kicker is all the guide horns are added individually. it is typical Dragon stuff.....one engineer says to the other engineer hey lets have some fun , we will design a cool kit but do it in the worst way possible .......( evil laughter fades into the background)

I looked, really thought I had this kit but didn't find it. Might have donated or something. Looks good! :popcorn

It has ds tracks also. The kicker is all the guide horns are added individually. it is typical Dragon stuff.....one engineer says to the other engineer hey lets have some fun , we will design a cool kit but do it in the worst way possible .......( evil laughter fades into the background)

:rotf

got the other side of the tracks done . a tip for anyone building this. get all the guide horns in and let cure. then use a sanding stick to clean the attachment points. it's easier that way instead of cleaning each horn before assembly

Suspension work has been moving along . This was hours of self inflicted pain. If you are building this one , really watch the instructions. Dragon put the work into the kit and fell short on the printed material.

h1a3eeff.JPG

h710b0db.JPG

ha63e8a3.JPG

he50aacd.JPG

h6320dc7.JPG

It is looking great to me!

QUOTE: "really watch the instructions. Dragon put the work into the kit and fell short on the printed material."

This is what skeers me about Dragon kits (If yer skeered, say yer skeered) I very much want the Dragon M60A2, but I keep seeing stuff like that........

Only build one or two Dragon kits and I'd have to agree- but it looks like you're making quick work of it!

The dragon kits are a hassle. I usually avoid them . This one looked like it was going to be a real headache so naturally it attracted me. The best advice I can give with their kits is distrust everything . always test the next step before glue has completely dried on the step was just done

jeeves . Dragon is one I usually avoid like the plague. This is allegedly one of the more accurate M51 kits. Not that I'm a rivet counter. I usually prefer trumpeter or eastern European offerings. This one is being built at the same time as the BTM-3 trencher.

This is looking excellent. I commend you on your decision to start with the tracks. I have also built numerous Dragon kits; but mine were all 1/72 scale. Even so, after having built more than three-quarters of their 1/72 scale line, the instructions are no better than what you encounter in 1/35th scale. All I did was open the instructions expecting them to be difficult and just built the models.

Keep it coming. I have a conversion set to convert a Dragon HVSS Sherman into this tank; I just need to find both the conversion set and the donor kit and get started! This will motivate me to hurry up.

Back