• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Double Daves At it again Dragon 1/72 Shermans

SA Dave

Well here is my entry for this one :D

h70f60b9.JPG

:facepalm Bloody Efricken is at it again! I will post my start up pic in a bit.

Okay, here's my official start up photo

h2d6b596.jpg

I've almost finished assembling the beast! I must say that I've built a few of these dragon kits in this scale and this has to be my least favorite. Some parts were poorly molded and a couple were unusable. I had to make new lift rings for the turret and a few other things. I built that same kit that SaDave has and it uses the same hull but it was a long time ago and I don't remember the details. I'll be interested to see how his goes together.

h849c403.jpg

The wading snorkels are supplied as a PE set. I feel like I should get an HVAC guy in here to install them. :frantic

h55743df.jpg

I managed to get one together tonight. Getting that curve just right at the top was a pain in the butt. Of course when you bend the side piece in two or three times to check the curve it snaps off... :bang head

h4c25fc4.jpg

Moving right along. Assembled the other snorkel and shot a coat of black on everything today. Tomorrow I can finish assembly and shoot a coat of OD on it. :soldier

hd9b172e.jpg

he8d6392.jpg

Done! SADave you now owe me a Dauntless, a Sherman and a badge for this campaign. :tomato

h5d43956.jpg

h645de36.jpg

he32d1e7.jpg

h204448b.jpg

h04e62ef.jpg

h9accd48.jpg

Ready for delivery to the beach in a trumpeter LCM 3 landing craft.

hae74aa5.jpg

Back