• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sherman County Campaign

Sherman 18

Master at Arms
How about a Sherman campaign. Anything Sherman Medium Tank. Includes SP, tank destroyers one offs, etc, and of course any M3 series. Best way to put it would be open to all US Medium Tanks found in the Hunnicutt book. Yes even post WWII Shermans Military or civilian. Any scale.
I'm sitting here with a Academy M4A3E8 105mm that just might jump on the bench or maybe a firefly or maybe a M4A3E8 76mm in Korea or maybe a M4A2 76mm, maybe a M4, maybe a Jumbo, maybe a M3 Lee, maybe M50, maybe a M3 Grant..........

4936735101_d8f960ab03.jpg

65675076643_003151_3.jpg

6th_mardiv_M4.jpg

98154_o.jpg

AB202W.jpg

e.jpg

CaliopeDuoColor1.jpg

f.jpg

M4A1_Gloucester_2.jpg

h9c20424.jpg

Lifetime free subscription to the website to the person who builds that.

:dance :dance :dance :ro:

Good idea!
Will already started builds be allowed?

Yes and no, it really depends how far along it is. That will based on a case by case.

General example;

1)If the already started build just needs weathering - no
2)assembled and needs paint - no
3)part assembled (hull and turret together) - yes
4)big scratch build/conversion project still needing half or more to build - yes

I welcome any build even if it is close to finish to add a thread but you won't earn a campaign ribbon. The idea is to start a Sherman kit and complete it in the given time.

I will throw this out, if it is a shelf queen and with one month to go to the end of the campaign I will let a ribbon be earned if finished BEFORE the end date.

Don't have my Sherman books handy to check. Would the Canadian M3 chassis based Ram family (Cruiser, O/P, Badger Flamethrower, ARV, Kangaroo APC and Wallaby Ammo Carrier) and M4A1 based Grizzly, Sexton SP and Skink fit the bill?

Cheers,
Rich

Checked my Hunnicut book now that I'm home. Ram's, Grizzly's and their variants are in the book so they should be good to go.

Cheers,
Rich

Good idea!

Yes and no, it really depends how far along it is. That will based on a case by case.

General example;

4)big scratch build/conversion project still needing half or more to build - yes

Was Skinny Mike asking on my behalf?

Regards,

Good idea!

General example;

Regards,

Hahaha! I was asking for all of us Saul! Who doesn't have a stalled Sherman on the shelf of doom?

I have an intense rebuild of the Tamiya Jumbo Sherman that stalled out 10 years ago when I moved from one place to another. All that's left of the original kit is basically the lower hull! I pulled it out tonight and its actually much further along then I thought it was.

h79f74f3.jpg

There is still a long ways to go. A number of things need to be redone now that my skills have improved. Ruling from the judges? :bat

Good idea!

General example;

Regards,

Hahaha! I was asking for all of us Saul! Who doesn't have a stalled Sherman on the shelf of doom?

I have an intense rebuild of the Tamiya Jumbo Sherman that stalled out 10 years ago when I moved from one place to another. All that's left of the original kit is basically the lower hull! I pulled it out tonight and its actually much further along then I thought it was.

h79f74f3.jpg

There is still a long ways to go. A number of things need to be redone now that my skills have improved. Ruling from the judges? :bat

:hmmm

As of your photos Mike that one would fall under the one month to go. I sent you a PM. If you are going to break it down and rebuild it I just might say yes. As you said who doesn't have a stalled Sherman.

I started a reference page here;

https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/the-real-thing/153499-sherman-county-campaign

I'll be adding more later. Plus links to the walk around on this right here on this site.

Good idea!

General example;

Regards,

h79f74f3.jpg

:hmmm

As of your photos Mike that one would fall under the one month to go. I sent you a PM. If you are going to break it down and rebuild it I just might say yes. As you said who doesn't have a stalled Sherman.

No problem. I have a lot of projects in work that I need to finish. I'll see where i am when this thing get rolling. I may just jump in for the fun of it and not collect the ribbon...

Back